spc
uniqs

mrgamer
@comcast.net

mrgamer to JigglyWiggly

Anon

to JigglyWiggly

Re: [Connectivity] friend keeps getting timed out / lag spikes i

yes pinging his own gateway 10.0.0.1, his ping is 1ms when no timeout. i think i got a Lil more info, i ran windows troubleshoot problem thing today, at the same time as one of the time outs happened. and got this message,

"Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding"

i went in to his ipv4 settings and his dns was on automatic but defaulting to 75.75.75.75. we are currently trying manual dns now. i set the dns to 10.0.0.1 and his alt to 8.8.8.8

i'm out of ideas ill have him try everything and anything

(i mean anything. stick a banana in the microwave if you swear it will fix it.)

also a new problem has occurred his speeds are slow now. he just got off live chat with an Comcast tech, and they did something that resulted in 2 minuets of his speed being normal. 30 mbps download but still the timeouts occurred, he said his goodbyes and closed chat then within 30 secs of closing chat. got disconnected from internet and speeds slowed back down to 3 mbps max he has the Comcast blast tier.

he's actually on hold with Comcast as i type this and they told him he has outages in his area and to call back in the mourning to have a tech come out. his location Chicago, IL

but why would that cause him to get request timed out when pinging his own gateway or another pc on his lan. this has me drained of life i cant come up with anything and its been 3 days now
cochran069
join:2012-11-23
Donora, PA

cochran069

any suggestions at all ? its getting worse we cant even use teamviewer anymore