Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 edit
reply to Mele20

Re: [FireFox] No New Tab button Windows 8

This is latest ESR 10 on Win 8... The button is there...move it around, remove it (drag into customize box), whatever......

Image 1 - default position upon install.
Image 2 - when in 'customize' window
Image 3 - moved to another position

Perhaps it's time to upgrade to the latest ESR and make a clean start - a new profile.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

This IS a brand new install of Fx 10.0.10 ESR with a NEW profile, new download of all extensions. Only thing "old" is that I just imported bookmarks from my XP computer.

I remembered that this happens depending on the Persona installed. Used to Personas all seemed to use the default theme strata's icons but recently the Personas seem to have their own icons like real themes for Fx have always have.

I just installed a new persona and it gave me "zoom icons" that I didn't have before and some other new ones like "new window" and "undo close".

I know Fx 10 ESR just did the yearly update. But we have three months when both versions will be supported. With everything else on my plate with Win 8, new computer, etc the last thing I need right now is to have to learn what will be a very different Fx version. I installed SeaMonkey first, and it is the latest version with no learning curve but Proxo doesn't work on it and Proxo does not work on IE 10 (IE 10 barely works anyway) so I do not want to introduce anymore problems right now. Proxo works just fine on Fx 10.0.10 ESR. Proxo works fine on the latest SeaMonkey on XP. But SeaMonkey is NOT supported for Windows 8 and some developers said to me "Support Win 8? Why the hell should we do that"? Nobody, including many browser developers, like Windows 8.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

said by Mele20:

I just installed a new persona and it gave me "zoom icons" that I didn't have before and some other new ones like "new window" and "undo close".

Proabably a bad persona - zoom and new window are standard icons.
--
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

It was Little Flowers which is extremely popular and highly rated. But I don't know where the icons are from anyway.