uniqs
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

[WIN8] IE10 doesn't load many sites

I use Fx mostly but I am curious about IE10 so I have been using it some on this new Win 8 computer. It won't load lots of sites that load instantly in Fx 10.0.10 ESR version.

For instance, it will not load »www.kitv.com or »n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/. With KITV, it says "waiting" but it has been waiting forever and the site loads instantly on Fx. With netalyzr site the same thing happens.The site loads instantly in Fx. These are just two examples.

What could be the problem?

Sites that do load look bad whether I use compatibility or not. The Daily Mail loads all cramped up...full page load on Fx. Daily Mail if click "compatibility" still loads cramped up but adds a right side column with a couple of ads and missing blank areas. the Proxomitron isn't working on IE hence the ads...but why ads only on compatibility settings and those settings don't improve the look of the site at all. It looks awful because it is cramped up.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

I'm using IE10 and the sites you've linked too work just fine on my computer.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
Back in my Windows 8 test system now.

I want to point out that I tested both in IE10 on the desktop (not the one that runs inside of Metro).

The first page loads fine without any issues.

The 2nd page gave me a pop-up to let me know that Java is needed (I have not installed any applications yet, including Java). Outside of that, the page does appear to load fine.

--Brian
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Click for full size
The KITV site offered a cookie and the cookie was hiding underneath the blank page! I only saw the cookie notification when I went to close that tab. I have IE set to accept first party cookies (but ask me first) and block all third party. The site would not load until I either told IE to accept the cookie or told it to reject the cookie. That is normal behavior. The problem is that IE is loading the cookie question box UNDERNEATH the page instead of on top! I guess I need to post
in a Microsoft forum as that appears to be a bug. I have to try more sites. The other one was the same problem.

But I sure can't use IE at forums. IE 10 is worse than any version before it as far as accessibility goes. There is NO accessibility. I can just BARELY make out what I am typing as the font is so extremely tiny. Yet look at the GIGANTIC font used for the title of this forum! Plus, IE 100 gives me no scroll bar for this text box and no plug corner to enlarge it. Instead it jumps and flickers and redraws the box every time I start a new line. BAD!

But I can use IE, if needed, at sites where I just read.

Geez, the KITV tab is trying to reload and says "waiting for kitv.com" and it won't load. I bet there is another cookie prompt under that tab window. UGH. Hmm..the KITV site is loaded so why it is saying "waiting for KITV.com"?

Well, I can't post this from IE or upload a screenshot. It says it can't connect. I just switched to Fx and this site is working just fine (has been extremely slow earlier here though and errors here but ok now on Fx but not IE). So, I am posting from Fx.

Well, not I can't post from Fx here. The site is intermittently going down, then up, then down...been doing this last 24 hours...there is a thread in bugs about it. Hmmm...site down for you or everyone says dslr is up but it is intermittent.

Site down when I tried to upload the screenshot. Two seconds later though it uploaded instantly...wacky ...the site gremlins are having a good ole time! Can't upload this post....try again.
Expand your moderator at work
SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium Member
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX

SipSizzurp to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20

Re: [WIN8] IE10 doesn't load many sites

Did you make the system backup disks before you began customizing your computer ? If you did then I would recommend you restore your computer to factory defaults, perform all Windows updates, and then use the computer for a couple of days with all default settings. Then install and test each of your special programs one at a time to see which ones are causing the issues so you will know what to install and what not to install.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

1 edit

Mele20

Premium Member

IE was what I had to use in the beginning. It was awful using it because I couldn't come here because I didn't have HostsMan installed and this site kept trying to set UTM cookies! (They are automatically blocked when HostsMan is installed because I block everything to do with Google in the hosts file). Anyhow, I finally got here by rejecting UTM cookies about 9 times for each request I made at this site on IE. I posted here on IE ...nothing else installed ...computer turned on for first time. So, don't blame me for Microsoft's problems with IE and their continued ignoring of Accessibility rights.

As for making a DVD, I was not asked about making one...yeah, I know you are supposed to be asked...I wasn't...but if I had been asked how could I do that without any software to make a DVD with? I don't even have any DVD disks yet anyway...just CD...I RARELY burn anything. I have seen only Memorex DVDs single or dual layer and I won't touch that brand. Sony and the other good ones are sold out in the stores here so I could not have made a disk even if I had been told to make one when I turned on the computer the first time. Microsoft tried to force me to make an user account with them though so they could spy on everything I do on this computer...Microsoft tried hard to get me to do that! Not easy to set up your first admin account on Win 8 as a local user account. I bought a computer that runs Microsoft's OS. I did not get married to Microsoft and they have no business trying to force people to make Microsoft accounts instead of local user accounts. Microsoft is playing very nasty with Win 8.

I intend to reformat and remove all that factory restore garbage anyway. I couldn't immediately reformat the new computer, which is the proper thing to do when you get a new computer, because Dell requires that you cannot request a reinstallation disk until you can provide the service tag number which you can't do until you have the new computer. So, I did fill in the online request form from my old computer before even plugging in the new computer. I got an email from Dell saying that since I had ordered a computer with no media (I had NO choice...Dell configurator did NOT allow for ordering media when ordering the computer) Dell would charge me for the media. The email didn't say how much the charge would be. It gave me a number to call to request the media.

So, I called the number Monday and Dell phone system noticed my old computer and didn't see the new one and thus, mistakenly, sent me to Small/Medium Business Expired Warranty Dept. The tech there told me that Microsoft has FORBIDDEN OEMs to provide media for reinstallation of Windows 8!!! There is NO COA sticker on the computer (only Intel one) and I understand that supposedly has to do with the prohibition to NOT allow OEMs to provide reinstallation media. Anyhow, he said there was a new way to do a CLEAN install of Windows 8 and I would need the Dell Employee Software Support Program techs (MMP) to walk me through it. He transferred me to that department but it was after business hours in Texas (where the techs are located). The times to call are bad for me (when I usually am asleep) so I haven't called yet.

I also told the expired warranty tech that I wanted to exercise my downgrade rights and he said, certainly, this Employee Software Support Program will help you with that also. He then wanted to know exactly what I didn't like about Win 8 and implied Dell is concerned about the situation. I told him that Dell should be treating this like they did Vista and that they should be offering lots of Win 7 machines.
SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium Member
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX

SipSizzurp

Premium Member

TL;DR
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI