share rss forum feed

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2
reply to PX Eliezer70

Re: Hydro poll installed in middle of highway

said by PX Eliezer70:

OK, but if there was an accident, all parties would be hauled into court for civil damages, and there could also be charges of criminal negligence involved.

Nope! Quebec's no fault insurance works both ways. Not only can you not sue other drivers for negligence, you can't sue the government either.

And in a province where shoddy mafia managed workmanship is the norm, the government isn't about to change that policy any time soon.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

hm

@videotron.ca
said by milnoc:

you can't sue the government either.

Nah. You can. You can sue the municipality/city. Not sure about transport Quebec, but you likely could.

Think pot hole.

it's been a decade or maybe 2 decades since new laws came out preventing you from being able to sue the cities for pot hole damage. But that was taken to court back then. If a pot hole has been reg'd with the city for repair and you damage your car in it, then you win. Also, regardless if it's been reg'd or not, if the size meets a certain criteria (I forget the specifics dimensions) then again, you win. Basically there is no law that protects the municipality from negligence. This is negligence.

I'm just not sure who would be on the hook. Transport Quebec or the municipality. Or both.

If I had a crap car I would hit it on purpose and make a claim. Or I would borrow one of Peterboro's car's that sit on his front lawn

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
reply to milnoc
said by milnoc:

said by PX Eliezer70:

OK, but if there was an accident, all parties would be hauled into court for civil damages, and there could also be charges of criminal negligence involved.

Nope! Quebec's no fault insurance works both ways. Not only can you not sue other drivers for negligence, you can't sue the government either.

And in a province where shoddy mafia managed workmanship is the norm, the government isn't about to change that policy any time soon.

and if somthing falls on your head, pray you arent in a car, a man was sitting in a parked car in westmount when a tree fell on him, he was killed but no one could be sued as it involved a vehicle had he been walking his family could sue...

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to hm
said by hm :

If I had a crap car I would hit it on purpose and make a claim. Or I would borrow one of Peterboro's car's that sit on his front lawn

I'm quite fond of each of the 15 cars parked on my front lawn but don't mind you wrapping them around a pole.

Where I do draw the line is subjecting them to travelling into Quebec under any circumstances.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by peterboro:

Where I do draw the line is subjecting them to travelling into Quebec under any circumstances.

Zing!