hm
@videotron.ca

hm to milnoc

Anon

to milnoc

Re: Hydro poll installed in middle of highway

said by milnoc:

you can't sue the government either.

Nah. You can. You can sue the municipality/city. Not sure about transport Quebec, but you likely could.

Think pot hole.

it's been a decade or maybe 2 decades since new laws came out preventing you from being able to sue the cities for pot hole damage. But that was taken to court back then. If a pot hole has been reg'd with the city for repair and you damage your car in it, then you win. Also, regardless if it's been reg'd or not, if the size meets a certain criteria (I forget the specifics dimensions) then again, you win. Basically there is no law that protects the municipality from negligence. This is negligence.

I'm just not sure who would be on the hook. Transport Quebec or the municipality. Or both.

If I had a crap car I would hit it on purpose and make a claim. Or I would borrow one of Peterboro's car's that sit on his front lawn
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by hm :

If I had a crap car I would hit it on purpose and make a claim. Or I would borrow one of Peterboro's car's that sit on his front lawn

I'm quite fond of each of the 15 cars parked on my front lawn but don't mind you wrapping them around a pole.

Where I do draw the line is subjecting them to travelling into Quebec under any circumstances.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

Where I do draw the line is subjecting them to travelling into Quebec under any circumstances.

Zing!