spc
uniqs

Rampage522
join:2001-10-18
Birmingham, AL

Rampage522 to cork1958

to cork1958

Re: [CATV] Does Charter care about their customers? I

I won't get into the specifics, but I disagree strongly. Ultimately, customer satisfaction HAS to be a concern for the company or they don't sell a product. It may take 50 years for them to go under, but eventually it will catch up.

So, please, throttle back on the big business bashing.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

said by Rampage522:

I won't get into the specifics, but I disagree strongly. Ultimately, customer satisfaction HAS to be a concern for the company or they don't sell a product. It may take 50 years for them to go under, but eventually it will catch up.

So, please, throttle back on the big business bashing.

You mean ultimately customer satisfaction SHOULD be their #1 concern, but Charter, and most big companies, don't give a rats a** about it, if share holders are making money. It's always quantity over quality!

Exactly why I try to deal with local business on any level as much as possible.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms

Premium Member

If most big companies, as you call them, don't have a significant percentage of happy customers they are going to have a VERY hard time making a profit and won't be able to pay dividends to shareholders. No profits means no shareholders. Without making any profits these big companies will not be able to offer any new or improved services or products to keep old customers and gain new ones. Customer satisfaction requires new and enhanced products and services and that requires money.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

Most big companies have such a dominance that you have very limited choices, is the only reason they stay in business!!

Sure, they will come out with new products and the such, but that is purely for making more money off the same suckers who have no choice!!
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99

In some regards I agree, but even though I have only one (IMO) practical alternative to Charter here...it's still a choice I can make.

That's the part I don't understand. There is a small number of very vocal folks here that seemingly have nothing but bad to say about Charter. If it sucks that bad the only reason I can think of for not going elsewhere is that the alternative sucks worse. Are you over on those forums telling them how bad they suck and if they were better you'd jump ship and sign with them?

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

If you're asking me if I'm over on the other forums telling them how bad they suck, yes, I was, while I had them anyway.

My only other choice, and I'm NOT counting satellite internet as I would go with dial up before being raped by their prices, is Frontier.

Had them for 2 years just to see if they might be better than Charter. They were so much worse I finally got wife convinced to drop them totally, phone and all, and switch to Vonage. Do not have a single complaint with Vonage either, so far in 2+ years now.

As far as service from Charter, mine has always been excellent, and I have never complained about that. My complaints about Charter have always been about how stupidly the company has been run and how much worse they have recently gotten at that even! It doesn't help when I am constantly seeing people post on here just how bad they are treated and/or serviced. Could get into a whole lot more, but hoping you get the picture by now.
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99

The primary "bad treatment" seems to be not getting promo price forever. Where else do you get sale price forever?

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

Again,
If you're statement is directed at me, then that type "bad treatment" was never part of my opinion of Charter as I never did the promo hopping thing.

The only time I was ever on a promo was after that 2 year test of Verizon/Frontier DSL, when I came back to Charter and that was only a 6 month promo, which I intentionally wanted. I dread calling Charter so much, I wanted to get on a regular plan as fast as possible and not have to deal with them anymore than absolutely necessary!