Search similar:

uniqs
connor79
join:2011-11-02

1 edit

connor79

BLF with Aastra and hosted Asterisk

Hey everyone,

Quick question. We got Aastra 6731i IP phones and first I set them up on Asterisk that was in our office on prem. We use device and user mode, so the users would be extension 300, 301, 302 etc, and then the devices are 1 in front for IP phones, so 1300, 1301 etc, and then a 2 in front for their soft phones so 2300, 2301 etc.

In the office, when I went to the Aastra config page, I set a few of the soft keys as BLF. I then typed in 302 for example to watch extension 302. I wasn't sure if it had to go by device or not. Anyway, it worked when 302 would get a call the light came on.

We switched back last night to a hosted cloud based Asterisk, so now our phones connect over the Internet to it. The config is exactly the same, but now if say 302 gets a call, nothing happens on the phone. I haven't tested by putting it at 1302 or whatever, but anyone know why this is? We work from home and the office, so I don't want to specifically monitor a desk phone vs soft phone, I'd rather monitor the extension. Just the fact that it worked when it was on prem vs in the cloud is what has me confused. Any ideas?

Just did a test as well with it by disabling iptables, didn't work. Also tried putting 302@x.x.x.x with the x.x.x.x being my IP and didn't work and tried with 2302@x.x.x.x nothing as well.
connor79

1 edit

connor79

Interesting seems that it does work in the office, just if a user is using their Soft phone it doesn't alert that they are on a call for some reason, not sure why. No big issue as long as it works normally.