share rss forum feed

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to Tuffcalc

Re: Going over Rogers Internet Cap

well unless you really need the speed I'd get a business account 8/1 for 84 a month it's what I got.

Tuffcalc

join:2012-08-04
I need the upload speed for a Plex server I am running of which I would like to stream to 3 concurrent users (720p). I'm getting it installed tonight. Thanks for everyone's help.

osijek1289

join:2012-11-11
Mississauga, ON
reply to TOPDAWG
@TOPDAWG Sorry to be so inquisitive, but it seems you can confirm they do not charge for overages on your business account? Mind if I ask how long you've had it and what amount of traffic you pull in? (a range is fine)

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
They dont charge on business. I've had 12/2 for about 6 years at work and we routinely do 500-600gb of legit monthly traffic.

Never a peep.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to osijek1289
said by osijek1289:

@TOPDAWG Sorry to be so inquisitive, but it seems you can confirm they do not charge for overages on your business account? Mind if I ask how long you've had it and what amount of traffic you pull in? (a range is fine)

sure this month on usenet I pulled down 255GB. I've had it over a year now never an overage and I go well over the normal caps rogers has all the time. If you want it just call and make up a business name to give them and that is it. They have to run a line right to the modem is the only issue I had.

It's not cheap but I can't get dsl over 3 down as the CO is across town and no remotes in area and no 3rd party's in my area for cable without a cap.

RLBL

join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

2 edits
said by TOPDAWG:

said by osijek1289:

sure this month on usenet I pulled down 255GB. I've had it over a year now never an overage and I go well over the normal caps rogers has all the time. If you want it just call and make up a business name to give them and that is it. They have to run a line right to the modem is the only issue I had.

It's not cheap but I can't get dsl over 3 down as the CO is across town and no remotes in area and no 3rd party's in my area for cable without a cap.

I am just reading that they are offering a business phone + Business internet standard (10/2) for $59.95 ...

If they never charge overage fees on a business, does that mean one could essentially get 10/2 unlimited for $60????

Seems like a good deal to me.

Update: I just got off the phone with a service rep and he did indeed tell me that there are no monthly caps.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

4 edits
where is you read about that plan? sure it's not a contract a long term contract? OK I see it damn at a 3 year term that is a long ass term to sign.

The hell? I see I was on 8/1 but that changed into 10/2 I think but damn if I'm getting that upload speed. Seems I got the download speed but not the upload.

HM looks like a pay 73 for my net that new 10/2 plan is 79. looks like I'm on some old bastard plan now. The extra 6 bucks is worth the higher download and upload to me I guess. I'll call them tomorrow.

Think I will see if they have the one year contract I was on the first time where the bill is like half for half of year normal for rest. Fork I hate living in an area with no other stuff I can pick. Here is what I got now. I guess the 79 counts the modem in the prices too. so my price would only go up like 5 bucks plus change if I'm understanding it right.

Hi-Speed Bus.Internet Faster $69.95
Hi-Speed Cable Modem $4.00

Total before taxes:$73.95
HST# $9.61
Total for Internet:$83.56

RLBL

join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
When I called they said the phone + Internet @ $59.95 is for business locations.

However... if the business internet was going to a residence it is the same price without the phone.

You have these options:

$59.95 (the standard - $20) on a 3 year contract
$59.95 for 6 months on a 1 year contract
$59.95 for 1 year on a 2 year contract

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
thanks man I'll call tomorrow about the new 10/2 speed 5 bucks more is worth the upgrade. they better not try and say we have to make you pay for the upgrade.