spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

skitter2cen

@embarqhsd.net

[DIRECTV] no access to you tube

Have had 2 tech. here in last week i can download movies but i can not connect to you tube.Techs.were here 2 hours each they tried connecting all different ways now i am connected to router direct with a small device that has 2 green lights on it the inciming cable goes to this box and the outgoing goes to my router.The messace i get is problem connecting to the internet.
They also changed out all my equipment i only have 1 hd dvr not whole house

DJ
Premium
join:2001-06-13
Opelika, AL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·Knology

It's a software issue that's been a problem for quite sometime, mostly with certain model HR24s. There's currently no work around, and I'm surprised techs have replaced your HD DVR as DirecTV has explicitly stated not to replace equipment if it's only a youtube issue that's been identified as a SOFTWARE problem, not hardware.

I saw this issue on Monday at a customer's house. Her HR24 dvr connected via WiFi Deca could do VOD, but youtube searches yielded the internet connection problem message. Tried the wired broadband deca, even the "no-no" direct ethernet connection, nothing worked. She understood it's a software issue and DirecTV will eventually fix it.

All of receivers are older HR21 & 22s, and they have no issues with youtube.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
reply to skitter2cen

Youtube is working fine here with our HR34.

Six Gun Kid
Premium
join:2001-07-02
Huntsville, AL
reply to skitter2cen

Having the same issue with my HR34....Connection Issue it says. Run diagnostics, everything checks out fine. Looks like I need to place a call.

pyromed1

join:2012-12-08
reply to skitter2cen

I just got the HR34 on 12/4. Had the tech back out today for the same problem. Downloads movies fine but Apps (youtube) don't work.
He said it's a flaw with my router. Said I need to get a new router to get it to work. I have a Netgear WNDR3300. Not new but not too old either.
Very frustrating. I played around with the router setting tonight a little, to no avail.

comp
Premium
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

you may need to open the Apps ports on your router that the device uses. i used to have to do this with both of my HR24's

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY

For direcTV I had forwarded ports 27177 and 27178 when I set it up almost two years ago. I don't remember what wasn't working or if I just did it because I saw it somewhere as a 'best practice'. Either way, YouTube and other apps on my HR24s work.