|reply to raythompsontn |
Re: Christmas lights power questions..
Here in Quebec, it's so strict that it even becomes UNSAFE. You technically can't do more than change a light bulb if you aren't a licensed electrician. What it means is those who want to do some DIY work won't even be able to pay for an inspection, so it will go uninspected.
I think there is a difference between if a fire/damage was caused by unlicensed electrical work that is up to code vs. not up to code.
I can see an insurance company going to court against the home owner if a fire was started, for example, because an extension cord was used as wiring behind a wall.
Now if there was DIY/unlicensed wiring done, but it was up to code, and it caught fire because of a faulty breaker (but proper amperage rating), then that's another story.