share rss forum feed

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to pandora

Re: [Business] Main electric being changed to underground condui

Comcast won't do it without a pull rope/string/tape/etc.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Make that comcast wont do it in your area. Pretty routine for comcast to do it around here. No need for a pull string around here.

beachintech
Premium
said by rody_44:

Make that comcast wont do it in your area. Pretty routine for comcast to do it around here. No need for a pull string around here.

You must be in the only area that does.
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

3 edits
So beach what does comcast do in your area if a house was built and only has conduit? I can see a inhouse tech refusing to do it but really comcast has construction and surely doesnt just abandon the conduit. Lets go one step further and say nothing was ever placed on a existing house. Its not like comcast can require a sub to run his own underground. FWIW Ive literly done thousands of underground pulls for comcast in no less than 12 different comcast systems. So it surely isnt the only one. Underground pulls pay by the foot. No way i walk away from that for a string which takes no more than ten minutes to suck thru.

beachintech
Premium

1 edit
said by rody_44:

So beach what does comcast do in your area if a house was built and only has conduit? I can see a inhouse tech refusing to do it but really comcast has construction and surely doesnt just abandon the conduit. Lets go one step further and say nothing was ever placed on a existing house. Its not like comcast can require a sub to run his own underground. FWIW Ive literly done thousands of underground pulls for comcast in no less than 12 different comcast systems. So it surely isnt the only one. Underground pulls pay by the foot. No way i walk away from that for a string which takes no more than ten minutes to suck thru.

*Big note: You are a contractor correct? You have no idea what comcast's actual tech policies are.

The few we had where conduit was present, the builders were smart enough to leave strings / mule tape in there for us. Otherwise, we leave a temp on the ground and our contractor either burries it or uses the conduit, whatever they have time for.

My advice, leave a pull string. Tech's don't get time allotted on a new install or service call to be messing around with empty conduit.
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
yea im a contractor, You made it sound like it couldnt get done if the string wasnt there. I believe what you meant to say is the inhouse tech wouldnt do it. Contractors do it every day for comcast. I doubt the op gives a shit who does it just that it gets done.
Dont even work as a contractor anymore for comcast but still know lots of contractors that do and nothing has changed.

beachintech
Premium
said by rody_44:

yea im a contractor, You made it sound like it couldnt get done if the string wasnt there. I believe what you meant to say is the inhouse tech wouldnt do it. Contractors do it every day for comcast. I doubt the op gives a shit who does it just that it gets done.
Dont even work as a contractor anymore for comcast but still know lots of contractors that do and nothing has changed.

Our contractors would not do it either. They could make more money banging out drops with the ditch witch
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to beachintech
I actually this past summer had Comcast here in PA run a new line through existing conduit, they just pushed it through and it popped out at the other end with no troubles... it was the thicker QR320 line I think, the stuff that is like RG-11... they had no issues at all with using the conduit as long as it was orange... guess that was the only "code" issue they wanted to follow... grey PVC was a no, but orange was a sure