share rss forum feed

ancodia

join:2006-07-10
reply to Trev

Re: Anveo & caller-id info in Canada

said by Trev:

Depends on your requirements.

Why have v.ms and CC been ruled out?

well I've rules out v.ms due to the call forwarding bug they have. I've tried for almost a year to get it fixed and have given up.

I was testing Callcentric and they seemed promising however now that I know they have 1 point of failure, there is no way I can move all my #'s there. I really feel I dodged a bullet on that one - thanks to my procrastination I didn't move all my numbers over - If I had, that outage would have resulted in me being fired from my job.

Anveo looked like a sure bet, but the Caller-id thing is a deal-breaker for business - What can I do with an inbound call that says 905-xxx-xxxx (Mississauga, ON) - is it really that hard to pass on caller-id name info from the source, especially if you have a POP in Canada?

I just need a reliable voip provider, that can take an inbound call to my DID numbers and forward it 100% of the time (with all caller-id info intact) to my PRI line. You'd think that would an easy thing to find - but it's proving to be quite a challenge.

Trev
IP Telephony Addict
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC
kudos:6
said by ancodia:

I just need a reliable voip provider, that can take an inbound call to my DID numbers and forward it 100% of the time (with all caller-id info intact) to my PRI line. You'd think that would an easy thing to find - but it's proving to be quite a challenge.

Am I understanding this correctly that you just need a number forwarded to another number; no VoIP component at all?
--
Wondering what I do? Find out at »www.digitalcon.ca
Get your Obihai ATA in Canada.

ancodia

join:2006-07-10
said by Trev:

said by ancodia:

Am I understanding this correctly that you just need a number forwarded to another number; no VoIP component at all?

Actually yes, that would be enough, though it would be nice to have a sip/iax connection as backup. Basically I have about 50 #'s that will configured to forward to my existing PRI #'s.

Trev
IP Telephony Addict
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC
kudos:6
If you'd like to contact me privately I might be able to offer something. It'll have no control panel and will be pretty much fixed once it's set up, but you will have Caller ID preserved along the entire call path.
--
Wondering what I do? Find out at »www.digitalcon.ca
Get your Obihai ATA in Canada.