how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anoncrtc

@cyberus.ca
reply to resa1983

Re: New speeds Rogers cable - Teksavvy watch out

any comment if the higher tiers will be offered? it would appear from previous crtc filings that teksavvy/distributel etc would have been able to offer the faster speeds already but choose not to. i assume this has to do with cost? any change we will see 150/10 or eventually 250/250?

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by anoncrtc :

any comment if the higher tiers will be offered? it would appear from previous crtc filings that teksavvy/distributel etc would have been able to offer the faster speeds already but choose not to. i assume this has to do with cost? any change we will see 150/10 or eventually 250/250?

Ultimate (either 150/10 or 75/2) is a no-go for TSI/Distributel until they move to aggregated. I believe that's also true for Extreme Plus (45/4, formerly 32/1) but I'm not 100% sure.

Start.ca can offer 75/2 (150/10 is part of this proceeding) but the potential cost to them is just too high (a single 75/2 customer could cost Start over $1k per month).

250/250 is right out for anybody else at this point, as it's FTTH and Rogers isn't required to let anyone else have access to it.

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to anoncrtc

said by anoncrtc :

We are currently waiting on a CRTC decision on this issue before we are offering the higher speeds.

d4m1r

join:2011-08-25
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by TSILiz:

said by anoncrtc :

We are currently waiting on a CRTC decision on this issue before we are offering the higher speeds.

Any updates on this? I thought there was a CRTC decision coming down this week?
--
www.613websites.com Budget Canadian Web Design and Hosting

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by d4m1r:

said by TSILiz:

said by anoncrtc :

Any updates on this? I thought there was a CRTC decision coming down this week?

Decision was last week for CBB order link amounts, as well as associated costs. Full decision still not out.

As for speedmatching - Rogers has til 8pm tomorrow to respond, and then considering past expedited hearings, the CRTC in the past has usually released their decision 3-4 weeks after the last filing.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

dustmakermk

@fibrenoire.ca

Hey guys whats the status on this? Did you get any updates from Rogers.

I thought they had until yesterday at 8 pm to respond...?

chrisl83

join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON

I'll be thinking of you guys when I get 250/15 with shaw next year when I move to Calgary.

(I'll still have 2 different family members with their own subscriptions with teksavvy though, so I'm loyal :P

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to dustmakermk

Rogers response from yesterday: »/r0/download/2···2012.pdf

Now we wait for the CRTC to decide on it. 1-2 2-4 weeks, I think.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to chrisl83

said by chrisl83:

I'll be thinking of you guys when I get 250/15 with shaw next year when I move to Calgary.

15 up is very weak and although having the down speed would be nice it isn't at that price point. Bring it down by $50 a month.

chrisl83

join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON

I'll take 15 over 1. The price isn't bad when split between 2 people.

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to d4m1r

I just asked my manager and was informed we are still waiting on a decision.