join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

1 edit

ekster

Premium Member

Steam autumn sale!

»store.steampowered.com/

Fucking steam.

New deals every day...Xcom, for those that wanted it at a lower price, is going for $33, KotOR and KotOR 2, for those that never had a chance of playing it, is going for $2.50 each.

And the indie games are going for really cheap as well

»store.steampowered.com/s ··· 2_indie/

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I saw that. May grab XCom and hoping for a low price on Borderlands 2. I get those and my Christmas vacation will be very merry indeed.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I think I will look to get just the DLC of the stuff I have already.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Witcher 2 is only $12!

And did anyone got to play Dead Island? GotY edition is going for $6.79... is it similar to Left 4 dead that's mainly an MP game, or more of a single player game? If it's more SP, I think I might get it.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I haven't played it, but from what I remember Dead Island fell victim to the hype machine. The trailer was so amazing everyone felt let down with what was only an OK game. Plus I think the PC version launched with a ton of bugs, but that should be fixed now. That's a good price and probably well worth the money.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

Witcher 2 is only $12!

And did anyone got to play Dead Island? GotY edition is going for $6.79... is it similar to Left 4 dead that's mainly an MP game, or more of a single player game? If it's more SP, I think I might get it.

I bought it on a sale and it is like a melee, L4D if you buy it we can get a coop campaign going.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

ironweasel to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
If you missed Dungeon Defenders on the Steam flash sale, Amazon has it for $2.99.

I bought it during the summer sale for $4.99 and would definitely pick it up for $2.99 if you like tower defense type games.

»www.amazon.com/Trendy-En ··· S75DFD1K

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
Some good deals going on right now, Deus Ex: HR for $4.99 and Borderlands 2 half off at $30. I have the former and grabbed the latter.
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

Do you have the Deus Ex: HR pacls and expansion too? They are also on sale. Are they worth it?
Zoder

Zoder

LA Noire and Psychonauts are in the flash sale now. Would definately recommend Psychonauts for 2.49.

How's LA Noire? You can get the game for 4.99 or game and all DLC for 7.49

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

1 recommendation

ironweasel to Zoder

Premium Member

to Zoder
said by Zoder:

Do you have the Deus Ex: HR pacls and expansion too? They are also on sale. Are they worth it?

DE:HR - Excellent game for $4.99. Finished it in just over 40 hours. If you rushed you could do it in 25.

Explosive Mission pack & Tactical Enhancement pack - $1.25 for both packs is a decent deal too if you want them. The mission pack gives you access to one "extra" mission that gives you more detail on another mission already in the game but you don't lose anything from the story if you don't get the DLC. Both packs also give you early access to weapons that you normally wouldn't obtain until later in the game. The Tactical Enhancement pack gives you an additional 10,000 credits at the start.

The Missing Link expansion - Goes into detail about what happens after chapter 3 (or the Explosive Mission content if you bought it) and gives some back story on how Adam did what he did (not giving any spoilers) to get to where he is in chapter 4. Totally not necessary but just fleshes the story out a bit more. You start over from scratch and can "rebuild" Adam how you see fit in the expansion without doing anything to him in the main game. I never really got into the expansion.....

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
More good deals today...Dishonored for $29.99, Torchlight 2 for $9.99, Orcs Must Die 2 for $3.74, Arkham City for $7.49. Flash sales right now include Metro 2033 for $4.99 and DA:O Ultimate Edition for $8.99.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

More good deals today...Dishonored for $29.99, Torchlight 2 for $9.99, Orcs Must Die 2 for $3.74, Arkham City for $7.49. Flash sales right now include Metro 2033 for $4.99 and DA:O Ultimate Edition for $8.99.

I ended up getting Batman AC on origin when I bought ME3, but the deal is worth it for the extra DLC alone (which I don't have)

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

said by TheBionic:

I ended up getting Batman AC on origin when I bought ME3, but the deal is worth it for the extra DLC alone (which I don't have)

Same here. I already had Arkham City through Origin. I repurchased through Steam last night to get all the DLC, which was well worth the 7 dollars.

I also picked up Mark of the Ninja and Dragon Age Origins.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

The sales are pretty good, but seems like I already picked up all the games I wanted during the summer.

Nothing new catches my eye, fortunately.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
I'm tempted on Batman. I've never played the arkham games, and it looks damn good, and certainly looks worth $7.50.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by captokita:

I'm tempted on Batman. I've never played the arkham games, and it looks damn good, and certainly looks worth $7.50.

Arkham City is amazing. $7.50 for the game + all the DLC is a steal.

I've played through it twice now.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
Presently replaying b:AA.
I prefer Arkham City, as it doesn't feel as much like a console port that Arkham Asylum is.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

I play Arkham City with an Xbox 360 controller. I've tried both KB/Mouse and a controller, and the 360 controller just felt better for this type game.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
I have both Arkham City and Arkham Asylum. Great games and definitely worth it!

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to ekster

MVM

to ekster
I am playing the latest Deus Ex and its a great game. Man, very impressive!

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Well I have no controllers, I do not have consoles either, my son's wii died a year ago, and that was that...
I'm not surprised it feels better, combo punches, etc., is made for controllers, not kb & mouse.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

Deus Ex HR is a great game as well. A huge improvement over the previous one. My only complaint is I felt like there isn't much of a replay value. Never wanted to go back after the first time.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by ekster:

said by Nightfall:

Deus Ex HR is a great game as well. A huge improvement over the previous one. My only complaint is I felt like there isn't much of a replay value. Never wanted to go back after the first time.

I had the same criticism. I always wanted to go back and do an ultra bloody playthrough but with the pick-a-conclusion ending it didn't feel necessary .

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

said by ekster:

said by Nightfall:

I had the same criticism. I always wanted to go back and do an ultra bloody playthrough but with the pick-a-conclusion ending it didn't feel necessary .

My ultra bloody playthrough was my only playthrough, though, it involved knocking out everyone that I could first, then popping a silenced cap in their skulls. It always irritated me that the knock outs were more silent than the silent kills...

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
I gotta pick up and play Deus Ex again. I remember playing it for about an hour earlier this year but never played it after that. It just didn't grab my attention.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I am picking sniper elite v2 with the kill hittler mission.

damn you steam!
Jobbie

Jobbie

Premium Member

And Dishonored while im at it.

Damn it!

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

And Dishonored while im at it.

Damn it!

Got that one too... I hope my daughter likes PC gaming.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
You all will love Dishonored. Too much fun finding different paths to take.