Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to IanR

Re: Actiontec router problem

I have had this communication with the router manufacturer Actiontec.
It leaves me rather confused as to my next step. I use MS Essentials and I cannot see that they have any firewall or any way for me to say that the router is a trusted device on my PC.
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated as to my next step
Thanks

Actiontec:
You may need to log into the router and click the Advanced Icon. Click Yes at the warning. Select the IGMP Proxy. Set this to disable and apply.

ME: I did this days ago and it has not resolved the problem

Actiontec:
Then it won't be a port forwarding issue, your router has no LAN Firewall to forward ports through.
The only firewall is on the WAN, you would need to open ports for XBOX LIVE, ports 53\88\3074 over both TCP and UDP, but this would have no affect on say computer A connecting too or getting data from computer B on the LAN side of the router. The router has no programming to firewall a computer from another computer on the LAN network.
Check the computer. If it has a firewall, try disabling or uninstalling it. The firewall on the computer may be blocking the connection between the XBOX system because the router was changed and the firewall hasn't been programmed\configured to use the new router MAC Address as a trusted device\connection All MI424 routers have no LAN firewall, they also have no programming to allow or deny file sharing or printer sharing as they are not functions of the routers programming.