Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

danman48

join:2007-10-11
Huntington Beach, CA

WOO! Update your iPad FIOS APP...live streaming TV

Hey Party People...
Just sitting down to afternoon tea and saw I had a FIOS Mobile update for my iPad. It finally rolls out live streaming TV to your mobile device! It's 50+ channels SD and HD channels alike (and HBO, HBO2 and Max). I don't know if you have to be on your home FIOS network for it to work...I haven't tested outside yet. but YEAH!

dcborn61

join:2001-02-14
Bethesda, MD

Updated the app. Have launched it twice. Two force quits. Not looking good, Verizon.

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

Nice find and a nice addition. A good selection of channels including several premiums. Crystal clear picture.

An early Christmas present!! Watching a few minutes of "Gone With The Wind" on AMC. Good work Verizon!!

CeeZee

join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA
reply to danman48

No problems with the Live TV section here either.

ohernan

join:2011-02-06
Dedham, MA
reply to danman48

Nice app, seems to work great, it does say you must be on home network for it to work.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to danman48

Crashes on my iPhone 5

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to danman48

Wish it was on Android, too.

ohernan

Dedham, MA
reply to Jackarino

This is the Verizon Fios Mobile app for iPad not iPhone.

m3nphls

join:2012-10-02
Brooklyn, NY
reply to danman48

Is there a list of channels available?

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE
reply to danman48

works great on my ipad

ohernan

Dedham, MA
reply to m3nphls

No list, although Engadget reports there are 75 channels. I will note that the only 2 sports channels appear to be ESPNews and NFL Network.

nyrrule27

join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

should be live next tuesday

ohernan

Dedham, MA
reply to ohernan

OK, so I took the time to list the channels:

A&E HD, ABC Family, AMC HD, Animal Planet HD, BBC World News, BBC America HD, BET HD, Boom, Bravo HD, Cartoon Network, Centric, CMT, CNBC HD, CNN HD, CNN HLN, Comedy Central HD, Discovery HD, Disney HD, Disney Junction, DIY, DXD HD, E! HD, Epix HD, ESPNews HD, Food HD, Fox Business HD, Fox News HD, FX HD, G4, History 2, Hallmark, HBO HD, HBO2 HD, HGTV, History HD, ID, IFC HD, Lifetime HD, Lifetime Movie HD, Max HD, Military History, MSNBC HD, MTv HD, MTV 2, MTV Jams, NFL Network HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Nat Geo HD, Nick HD, Nick Jr., Nick Toons, OWN, Oxygen, Science HD, Spike HD, Sprout, Style, Syfy HD, TBS HD, TCM, Teen Nick, The Hub HD, TLC HD, TNT HD, Travel HD, Tru TV HD, TV One, TV Guide Network, TV Land, USA HD, VH1 HD, VH1 Soul, WE HD.

Sorry in advance for any errors, hope this helps.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

Wish it was on Android, too.

Is that even in the works?

mcarvin

join:2008-04-09
Woodbury, NJ
reply to dcborn61

Tried pairing my iPad multiple times, under my V account name and my wife's. No go.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to HenryFarpolo

said by HenryFarpolo:

Nice find and a nice addition. A good selection of channels including several premiums. Crystal clear picture.

An early Christmas present!! Watching a few minutes of "Gone With The Wind" on AMC. Good work Verizon!!

having a problem with the " JUMP TO " function. Doesn't want to go to 3 digit channels for me. Anyone else?
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to danman48

If youre home, can somebody please explain why you would rather watch TV on an IPAD opposed to your hi-def TV? Not my cup-o-tea I guess, I think its pretty ridiculous actually.

Strap your Ipad to your face, and viola! a 200" HDTV.

:confused:

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage

said by ITALIAN926:

If youre home, can somebody please explain why you would rather watch TV on an IPAD opposed to your hi-def TV? Not my cup-o-tea I guess, I think its pretty ridiculous actually.

In the nicer weather, I like to bring my iPad outside and (when I was on Cable) watch baseball games on my iPad sitting on my deck outside where there is no TV. Otherwise, I rarely used the live TV app.
--
He used to say that soul shine, is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain.

Debunking the 2012 hysteria. | Always looking for a new job | Begging the Wilpons to sell the Mets.

miataman

Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to ITALIAN926

said by ITALIAN926:

depends on how many people want to watch something. Consider it an extra HD TV set. Will come in handy when 2 programs are already recording. Also use with headphones so one can stay in the same room as others who may be using the "real TV"
--

miataman

Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to miataman

said by miataman:

said by HenryFarpolo:

having a problem with the " JUMP TO " function. Doesn't want to go to 3 digit channels for me. Anyone else?

after some testing it seems to be related to keystoke speed. A short pause between each keystroke and before the "GO" button is pushed does wonders.
In other words, drink less coffee !!
--

tongyang

join:2003-07-18
Alexandria, VA
reply to danman48

Omg.... Happy Thanksgiving everyone

dukeva

@verizon.net
reply to ohernan

said by ohernan:

OK, so I took the time to list the channels:

A&E HD, ABC Family, AMC HD, Animal Planet HD, BBC World News, BBC America HD, BET HD, Boom, Bravo HD, Cartoon Network, Centric, CMT, CNBC HD, CNN HD, CNN HLN, Comedy Central HD, Discovery HD, Disney HD, Disney Junction, DIY, DXD HD, E! HD, Epix HD, ESPNews HD, Food HD, Fox Business HD, Fox News HD, FX HD, G4, History 2, Hallmark, HBO HD, HBO2 HD, HGTV, History HD, ID, IFC HD, Lifetime HD, Lifetime Movie HD, Max HD, Military History, MSNBC HD, MTv HD, MTV 2, MTV Jams, NFL Network HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Nat Geo HD, Nick HD, Nick Jr., Nick Toons, OWN, Oxygen, Science HD, Spike HD, Sprout, Style, Syfy HD, TBS HD, TCM, Teen Nick, The Hub HD, TLC HD, TNT HD, Travel HD, Tru TV HD, TV One, TV Guide Network, TV Land, USA HD, VH1 HD, VH1 Soul, WE HD.

Sorry in advance for any errors, hope this helps.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

This is great and all, but now I wonder about the FiOS TV App on Samsung TVs? I would think that they def should receive an update to boost the current 26 or so channels to receive the same channels as what this update now gets.

To me, that would make the most sense. All these "new" channels on your TV, not just exclusive to ones iPad. If they can do this to an iPad app , why not do the same for the TV app as well.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to danman48

I wish this would allow us to watch all of the channels we subscribe to like Optimum.

But at least we have this feature/App now, so I can't complain too much.
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

ENFiOS

join:2007-11-09
MontCo PA
reply to danman48

I think it's terrific and works GREAT!

Thanks, VERIZON!

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to danman48

If the iPad app can now support access to 75 live streaming channels, will these additional channels be added to existing Xbox 360 and Samsung Smart TV lineups?

I see no reason to deny the Xbox and Samsung TV apps access to these additional channels. After all no new functionality is being launched with this updated iPad app. It's simply another device being added to support the same internet TV delivery platform that the others have been using - each with their own unique interface that works best on the device.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to danman48

Works pretty damn well, even over my VPN setup here in Los Angeles.

App is a bit buggy, but the video quality is quite good.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to Zero

That's basically what I said, lol.

I think that these 75 channels can, and should def be ported to the Samsung TV app ASAP.

It just makes the most sense to me.

John W

join:2007-08-05
Springfield, VA

1 recommendation

reply to danman48

I guess I don't see the thrill of watching something on my iPad, when I could be watching it on my large screen TV. Since it only works in your own house, why watch on the iPad instead of the TV?

And as long as I'm complaining, what a crummy selection of channels!

Photoman15

join:2000-06-12
Brooklyn, NY
reply to danman48

Hopefully we'll get all the channels soon. As for why I would want it, for one, as someone mentioned, if there are two shows recording and I want to watch a third. Second, I oly have two TVs in the house and two boxes. I may want to watch in the kitchen while eating or cooking dinner. There are other places in (or out of) the house I may want to watch at where I don't have a set.