reply to danman48

Re: WOO! Update your iPad FIOS APP...live streaming TV

Omg.... Happy Thanksgiving everyone

dukeva

@verizon.net
reply to ohernan

said by ohernan:

OK, so I took the time to list the channels:

A&E HD, ABC Family, AMC HD, Animal Planet HD, BBC World News, BBC America HD, BET HD, Boom, Bravo HD, Cartoon Network, Centric, CMT, CNBC HD, CNN HD, CNN HLN, Comedy Central HD, Discovery HD, Disney HD, Disney Junction, DIY, DXD HD, E! HD, Epix HD, ESPNews HD, Food HD, Fox Business HD, Fox News HD, FX HD, G4, History 2, Hallmark, HBO HD, HBO2 HD, HGTV, History HD, ID, IFC HD, Lifetime HD, Lifetime Movie HD, Max HD, Military History, MSNBC HD, MTv HD, MTV 2, MTV Jams, NFL Network HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Nat Geo HD, Nick HD, Nick Jr., Nick Toons, OWN, Oxygen, Science HD, Spike HD, Sprout, Style, Syfy HD, TBS HD, TCM, Teen Nick, The Hub HD, TLC HD, TNT HD, Travel HD, Tru TV HD, TV One, TV Guide Network, TV Land, USA HD, VH1 HD, VH1 Soul, WE HD.

Sorry in advance for any errors, hope this helps.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

This is great and all, but now I wonder about the FiOS TV App on Samsung TVs? I would think that they def should receive an update to boost the current 26 or so channels to receive the same channels as what this update now gets.

To me, that would make the most sense. All these "new" channels on your TV, not just exclusive to ones iPad. If they can do this to an iPad app , why not do the same for the TV app as well.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to danman48

I wish this would allow us to watch all of the channels we subscribe to like Optimum.

But at least we have this feature/App now, so I can't complain too much.
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

ENFiOS

join:2007-11-09
MontCo PA
reply to danman48

I think it's terrific and works GREAT!

Thanks, VERIZON!

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to danman48

If the iPad app can now support access to 75 live streaming channels, will these additional channels be added to existing Xbox 360 and Samsung Smart TV lineups?

I see no reason to deny the Xbox and Samsung TV apps access to these additional channels. After all no new functionality is being launched with this updated iPad app. It's simply another device being added to support the same internet TV delivery platform that the others have been using - each with their own unique interface that works best on the device.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to danman48

Works pretty damn well, even over my VPN setup here in Los Angeles.

App is a bit buggy, but the video quality is quite good.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to Zero

That's basically what I said, lol.

I think that these 75 channels can, and should def be ported to the Samsung TV app ASAP.

It just makes the most sense to me.

John W

join:2007-08-05
Springfield, VA

1 recommendation

reply to danman48

I guess I don't see the thrill of watching something on my iPad, when I could be watching it on my large screen TV. Since it only works in your own house, why watch on the iPad instead of the TV?

And as long as I'm complaining, what a crummy selection of channels!

Photoman15

join:2000-06-12
Brooklyn, NY
reply to danman48

Hopefully we'll get all the channels soon. As for why I would want it, for one, as someone mentioned, if there are two shows recording and I want to watch a third. Second, I oly have two TVs in the house and two boxes. I may want to watch in the kitchen while eating or cooking dinner. There are other places in (or out of) the house I may want to watch at where I don't have a set.

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA
reply to John W

said by John W:

I guess I don't see the thrill of watching something on my iPad, when I could be watching it on my large screen TV. Since it only works in your own house, why watch on the iPad instead of the TV?

Proof again that you can't please em all!!!

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to John W

said by John W:

I guess I don't see the thrill of watching something on my iPad, when I could be watching it on my large screen TV.

depends on how many people want to watch something. Consider it an extra HD TV set. Will come in handy when 2 programs are already recording. Also use with headphones so one can stay in the same room as others who may be using the "real TV"
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2

This may be true, but it has people seemingly creamn in their pants, and I dont know why.

m3nphls

join:2012-10-02
Brooklyn, NY
reply to John W

said by John W:

I can take my ipad all around the house instead of sitting in front of the couch. While on my bed, while taking a #2 and watch TV is a good plus!

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by m3nphls:

while taking a #2 and watch TV is a good plus!

LOL. TMI
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to m3nphls

Haha. Classic.

I bet a lot more people do that , but will def not admit to it. It could be the secret "new norm" to do.

MagicalPig

join:2008-07-25
reply to John W

If I didn't have a slingbox this app would be of limited use. The lacks of all the channels and only access at home (VPN workaround for that)

But with the slingbox (which is like 90 bucks for a basic solo on amazon right now) I can watch any where and all my channels including VOD and DVR.

That being said right now it's a good start on VZ end.

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY
reply to danman48

Who the heck sits on the toilet long enough to need a tv?

Put me in the why bother if you have to be on your home network camp.
--
Any it new they in one. You here for mine you here.
-JV

JH28

@bankofamerica.com
reply to miataman

Italian926 to answer your question, it's like having another tv and the best part is you don't have to pay for a box, and can watch it anywhere in your home.

ENFiOS

join:2007-11-09
MontCo PA
reply to danman48

Basically, it's a nice-to-have. If you don't want/like it, nobody's forcing you to download and use it.

That's how I feel about the cellphone remote-control app. I'd never use it, but I'm not gonna complain about it....

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA
reply to miataman

said by miataman:

said by John W:

I guess I don't see the thrill of watching something on my iPad, when I could be watching it on my large screen TV.

depends on how many people want to watch something. Consider it an extra HD TV set. Will come in handy when 2 programs are already recording. Also use with headphones so one can stay in the same room as others who may be using the "real TV"

Right on all accounts. Also, I guess not many sports fans here. There are many occasions when I want to have NFL Redzone on my tablet and a game on the TV (or visa versa). So I think for sports, it could be big. Also when my football team (Redskins) are playing, along with the Lakers in the same times slot, it is beneficial to have 2 screens for viewing.

That said, as with another poster, I am using a Slingbox so it's a bit of a moot point. I am using the Slingbox 350 and it outputs fantastic to my 10 inch tablet (Android) or my phone. Had I not had this, I certainly would be asking "When will it come to Andoid!?!?".

jr461

join:2006-12-21
Montvale, NJ

I was hoping I would be able to use this similarly, keeping en eye on sports while my wife and i watched shows, however, without local channel and local sports network access, it isn't possible.

Still, a nice addition, and hopefully it will evolve to include all channels one is subscribed to, but for now it's limited for me.

kjgryz

join:2012-04-06
Seaford, NY
reply to danman48

Kids wanted TV in their room and now they got it... Thanks Verizon for finally coming around..

JayMan 007

join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA
reply to dmodert66

Agreed.
And since they took away the Fios football app, which was redzone, they should add that channel to this app.
I would also like to see the local channels on the app.
This would be nice for those times there is a conflict with recording 3 things.

I'm also one that watches sports on ipad while on patio.

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

1 edit
reply to danman48

The irony of this being that of course I purchased a Slingbox and its (overpriced) iPad & iPhone apps two days before this update. Oh well, guess I have multiple avenues now.

ohernan

join:2011-02-06
Dedham, MA
reply to JayMan 007

said by JayMan 007:

Agreed.
And since they took away the Fios football app, which was redzone, they should add that channel to this app.
I would also like to see the local channels on the app.
This would be nice for those times there is a conflict with recording 3 things.

I'm also one that watches sports on ipad while on patio.

The NFL made a deal with Verizon to be the exclusive mobile carrier of Redzone, so I don't think they will add this to this app.

marhil

@verizon.net
reply to danman48

What is the name of the Apple app to watch Fios on your ipod ?

ohernan

join:2011-02-06
Dedham, MA

said by marhil :

What is the name of the Apple app to watch Fios on your ipod ?

For the iPad only it is FIOS Mobile App, not available for iphone or ipod.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to danman48

I hope they come out with a PC version so I can use my laptop for the live TV. Currently they offer afew channels live via their website but would be nice to have 75 channels to choose from..

w2kr

join:2000-07-19
Florham Park, NJ

Wouldn't it be nice if you could watch the shows recorded on your DVR?