uniqs
share rss forum feed

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to Rick4769

Re: [TWC] What happened to the Channel additions for Nov. 1st in

BBC World and BBC World HD are supposed to be added after Christmas. Anyone want to start taking bets on whether or not we'll see them? I have very little faith in the Legal Notifications when it comes to new services. Although I was absolutely floored earlier this year and when both TV Guide HD and ESPN Deportes HD were launched on the announced dates. They should just stick to keep a list of channels that are month to month and channels that switch packages because in no way is their list of additions accurate most of the time.
--
12/7/41, 9/11/01, 11/6/12

Rick4769

join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

1 edit
I guess I am disappointed that TWC announces channels and then does not add them. Why post channel notices in the newspaper if you are not going to add them?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
said by Rick4769:

I guess I am disappointed that TWC announces channels and then does not add them. Why post channel notices in the newspaper if you are not going to add them?

I have never really understood the requirement to give 30 days notice of adding channels, I can understand 30 days for removing them...but adding them really?
Much can change in 30 days and unfortunately that's what happens.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by hobgoblin:

said by Rick4769:

I have never really understood the requirement to give 30 days notice of adding channels, I can understand 30 days for removing them...but adding them really?
Much can change in 30 days and unfortunately that's what happens.

Hob

I know in my area there is not always a 30 day notice of an add.

I have only had 3 notices with channels to be added that did not appear.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
I believe TWC should post a retraction indicating the channels will not be added or postponed until a later date. It would make good business sense and would keep the customer informed.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
said by Rick4769:

I believe TWC should post a retraction indicating the channels will not be added or postponed until a later date. It would make good business sense and would keep the customer informed.

I would agree if I thought more than a handful of people actually read and knew there were programming notices. I understand you follow them closely and are extremely interested in them. I don't believe there is a need.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to Rick4769
I have a feeling the november 1st channels are coming soon. TWC just announced them to be added in the Mid West so I am guessing this will be a national addition of channels.

This is for Kansas City:

PUBLIC NOTICES: Time Warner Cable's agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their services and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services or stations in the near future. BBC America, Cooking Channel, Current TV, DIY, E! Entertainment, E! Entertainment HD, Encore, Encore HD, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Love, Encore Suspense, Encore Family, Encore Westerns, Food Network, Food Network HD, Indieplex, Gol TV, Great American Country, GSN, GSN HD, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Channel HD, Hallmark Movie Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel HD, IFC, IFC HD, Lifetime, Lifetime HD, LMN, LMN HD, Lifetime Real Women, Music Choice, NHL Network, NHL Network HD, NHL Center Ice, Once Mexico, Ovation, Retroplex, Smithsonian HD, Starz, Starz (West), Starz Cinema, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz HD, Starz in Black, Starz Kids and Family, Starz Kids and Family HD, Starz On Demand, Style, Style HD, WE, WE HD, You Too TV, Zap2It. In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers. On or after December 3, RLTV channel 154 and Aspire channel 228 will be added to Digital Variety. On or after December 12, BBC World News channel 362 will be added to Digital Variety; beIN Sport en Espanol channel 836 and beIN Sport en Espanol HD channel 837 will be added to Nuestra Tele. The following services will be added to TWC Sports Pass: TV Games ch 332 , HRTV ch 336, beIN Sport ch 337, beIN Sport HD ch 1337, Universal Sports Net HD ch 1314, One World Sports HD 1338,World Fishing Network HD ch 1348, Outside Television HD ch 1349, Pac12 regional networks HD channels 1393 - 1398, Fight Now HD ch 1399. These services will require two-way capable digital cable ready equipment, such as a Time Warner Cable-provided set-top box or a CableCARD-equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Product (UDCP) used in conjunction with a Tuning Adapter. Other UDCPs may not be able to access these services without additional equipment, such as a set- top box: RLTV, BBC World News, TV Games, HRTV, beIN Sport, beIN Sport HD, beIn Sport en Espanol, beIn Sport en Espanol HD, Universal Sports Net HD, One World Sports HD, World Fishing Network HD, Outside Television HD, Pac12 regional networks HD, Fight Now HD. Time Warner Cable will offer a Free Preview of Showtime 1/11/13 - 1/13/13. It is available to all Digital subscribers and may contain PG, PG-13, TV-14, TVMA and R rated programs. If you wish to have this Preview blocked, and for parental control information, visit twc.com or call 1-800-TWCABLE. Programming is subject to change. Not all services available in all areas. Restrictions may apply. For up-to-date listings of our packages and channels, visit our website at www.timewarnercable.com.

Read more here: »www.kansascity.com/classified-ad···link=cpy

Happydude32
Premium
I seriously doubt TV Games, HRTV and the others will be added in KC. One World Sports HD? Yeah right. The only channel I envision being added on is RLTV. It’s been in testing on TW Rochester for a few weeks now.
--

Happydude32
Premium
reply to hobgoblin
Regardless of how many people read the notifications, they are published in newspapers and online. Personally, I feel Time Warner should make sure they’re as accurate as possible as follow through with them and the event they don’t or can’t follow through, they should put a courtesy blurb in the next round of notifications to at least own up to the fact the last updates were erroneous. It’s only the professional thing to do. I can’t imagine what would happen if the company I worked for continued to post incorrect information in public media.

I understand things happen, but this is a constant problem going back at least three years. I don’t see other cable companies announcing new services only to fail to deliver on such a constant basis.

quote:
please stop saying that they probably won't be added!
Well they won’t be added! It doesn’t take Miss Cleo and the psychic friends network to see TWs history with this stuff. Especially when it comes to niche services. The PAC 12 Regionals were originally slated to be added on 10/1, a month before Sandy. What was the excuse then? Disney Jr HD was supposed to be added in Rochester on channel 1180-something a few days after in launched, that never happened. NBA TV HD took upwards of a year and a half to be added in Roch after it was initially announced. Can’t remember a hurricane taking out equipment back then. MAV TV HD was supposed to be added in Buffalo last year that never happened. Chiller HD was supposed to be added in NYC 2 years ago, and no HD feed of that channel even exists.

And FWIW, I really have no vested interest in any of these channels, it’s just frustrating that TW continues to lie to their subscriber base and never owns up to it.
--

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
This will probably be my last post in this thread for fear I may say something that may offend.
For Time Warner to add channels they have to give 30 days notice, why I don't know, I could understand 30 days notice if they were taking them away but I don't make the rules. Now I suppose they could wait until the channels were being streamed live to employees before they make the announcement and then make the notification and then I am sure once that happened you would probably complain that you could have had them 30 days earlier.
At the time the notifications go up they are as accurate as possible but things happen, no one is lying, no one is posting this stuff to upset you and Rick, there are underlying reasons for everything. Its not a game.

As you are such an expert Steve, how many channels have been added in the last 3 years that showed up on time?

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happydude32
Premium
quote:
For Time Warner to add channels they have to give 30 days notice, why I don't know
What about NFL Network and Red Zone? Those were added less than 12 hours after the agreement was signed. MLB Strike Zone came out of nowhere as well.

quote:
Now I suppose they could wait until the channels were being streamed live to employees before they make the announcement and then make the notification and then I am sure once that happened you would probably complain that you could have had them 30 days earlier.
In the DBS world, channels are often uplinked and made available to employees for testing weeks before their officially launched and no one really cares. But then again, nobody ever really reads the legal notifications, so it wouldn't be an issue, right?

quote:
At the time the notifications go up they are as accurate as possible but things happen, no one is lying, no one is posting this stuff to upset you and Rick, there are underlying reasons for everything. Its not a game.
It's been a constant problem for three years. There can't possibly be all these unforeseen issues prior to just about ever new channel being launched. They can't learn from past experiences?

quote:
As you are such an expert Steve, how many channels have been added in the last 3 years that showed up on time?
TV Guide HD, ESPN Deportes HD, the TW LA Sports Nets, PAC 12 National, the Shop Zeal channels, Gems Shopping Network and the SD feed of Disney Jr. And I'll thow beIN and beIN Espanol in there as well since they were only a week or two late. But not a single launch from 2H09 – 1H10 took place on the day it was supposed to. And only three out of the last 11 channels that were announced in my area were added.
--

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
Do you have a link to the DBS notifications?

Hob

Happydude32
Premium
You know as well as I do that Dish and DirecTV don't have to post the same info that cable companies do. But you can visit the satellite forums online and see the latest uplink activity posts.
--

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
said by Happydude32:

You know as well as I do that Dish and DirecTV don't have to post the same info that cable companies do. But you can visit that satellite forums online and see the latest uplink activity posts.

You are correct I did know. Reviewing any online forums would be pointless then as who knows when they were due to add them.

I agree with you regarding the very high profile launch of the NFL Network, in some areas it was added the same day.

As a Customer Care person, I can sometimes get frustrated over communications however I know what customers are saying and there are bigger fish to fry than complaints that channel additions are delayed or not happening. I would however prefer them to show up, a little like the upgrade to the standard RR service that is happening but not posted in advance!

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

This will probably be my last post in this thread for fear I may say something that may offend.
For Time Warner to add channels they have to give 30 days notice, why I don't know, I could understand 30 days notice if they were taking them away but I don't make the rules. Now I suppose they could wait until the channels were being streamed live to employees before they make the announcement and then make the notification and then I am sure once that happened you would probably complain that you could have had them 30 days earlier.

Hob

the channel changes notice rules vary by state but here in North Texas (Dallas) system we had 20 HD channels added in less than 30 days after the notice came out for the additions which had no date announced but there was two waves of about 10 channels two weeks apart and the notice fell on November 7th, 2011 and by November 30th, 2011 at 11pm we had 20 out of the 21 HD channels added which only one did not materialize thanks to GSN not authorizing the HD add because the channel went on a month to month agreement.

I know that there is a 30 day requirement of removals though and that includes digital and analog. I believe that they have to give customers a letter about analog removals but any digital channels removed can happen without letters being sent out only have to post paper notices.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

I seriously doubt TV Games, HRTV and the others will be added in KC. One World Sports HD? Yeah right. The only channel I envision being added on is RLTV. It’s been in testing on TW Rochester for a few weeks now.

RLTV is supposed to be added on 11/28 in some areas and 12/3 in others which is it? Also TWC has deals with:

PAC12

World Fishing Network (although only bright house carries it currently)

Outside TV (carried on the TWC cable systems in Gunnison and Telluride Colorado which might have been the reason for these adds as Outside TV could have made a deal with TWC to keep Outside TV on in Gunnison after the local authority that runs translator stations in the area dropped it on or around 11/7/12 from OTA broadcasts.)

HRTV is likely being put onto a TWC agreement from the insight systems agreement and additional market coverage was a part of the new agreement and the insight legal notices had HRTV as a part of the legal notices so there would be a hint to a deal rollover.

TV Games currently only carried on TWC in San Diego same as HRTV carried by insight and carriage deals are being merged and additional market carriage is a part of the deal.

One World Sports has been around for a while on Dish Network but is now just being added by TWC.

Fight Now TV has been uplinked on a US TV broadcast satellite for months with no major carriages so that channel is not a surprise as it is only available in HD.

Universal Sports HD is not a shocker either. I think TWC turned a page on sports channel agreements when they added the NFL Network

I betting that TWC is going to focus on giving HD viewers a value with the sports package with these adds to say if you go HD you will get even more sports. I would also say that these adds would make TWC the sports leader outside of carrying all of the RSNs.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS
I think you are correct in your assessment motorola870. I do think it would be really helpful to TWC customers if they are updated when channel changes are canceled for a later date. In addition, it would show that TWC really cares about their customers.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
RLTV was added today for anyone interested!

Hob

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by hobgoblin:

RLTV was added today for anyone interested!

Hob

I am guessing that Texas and the rest of the country with SDV will launch RLTV on December 3rd as that is the next announced date for systems. I think the cleveland OH system sent out a bad legal notice saying that RLTV was canceled as to being added and I think it was supposed to only affect Aspire as TWC NYC added RLTV today so there is not a contract issue.