uniqs
share rss forum feed

TilhasBB
Premium
join:2000-08-05
canada
reply to SimplePanda

Re: Sagemcom firmware update

Can you please check if you still have access to the modem sync rate?

If you don't know how.
»Fibe 25 upload speed decreased after install
Run This : »/r0/download/2···lnet.zip
Then follow these instructions. I want to know if they changed the password or disabled the telnet function.

said by BliZZardX:

I think there was two ways

1) on the first telnet screen you should be able to type sysutil xdslmon (this may be more useful to OP since it shows estimated attainable upload rate too)

2) type system shell
vdsl
enter password: superikanos (turns out to use the default chipset pw)
hit 11 to Request Extended Port Status
ctrl^c to exit

PS if anyone from Bell's management reads this. Next time you spend millions for a custom product you should request these self-diagnostics are included in the web GUI instead of making the little guy jump through hoops to get them. I saw other ISPs using Sagem with much more elaborate options in the GUI. It's a bit ridiculous why you would exclude something so simple with no harm.

Thank you!

RRRR

join:2008-05-27
Montreal, QC

1 edit
reply to squircle
I have mine logged in on test@test since I received it and before plugging it in the wall plug (no reset from what I can see from my active connections to IRC):

Firmware Version: FAST2864_v6637F
Hardware Version: 2864-000000-002

EDIT:
After logging the modem with Bell's account, it upgraded right away to:

Firmware Version: FAST2864_v6740S
Rescue Version: FAST2864_v7637F

... And telnet kept working without having to repatch it!
Note that there was no rescue version before.

Here is a quick script for re-enabling telnet, if need be:
#!/bin/bash
FILE="HomeGateway.conf"
OLD="^\ *(telnets(ports))"
NEW="    (telnets\n      (ports\n        (0\n          (port(23))\n          (ssl_mode(none))\n          (remote_access(0))\n        )\n      )\n    )"
curl http://admin:admin@192.168.2.1/save_rg_conf.cgi > $FILE
sed --in-place "s/$OLD/$NEW/" $FILE
curl --data-urlencode new_rg_conf@$FILE http://admin:admin@192.168.2.1/replace_rg_conf.cgi

deekay0

join:2001-12-23
Toronto, ON
reply to deekay0
said by deekay0:

My modem didn't reset during the planned outage window and my About Connection Hub also shows:

Firmware Version: FAST2864_v66398
Rescue Version: FAST2864_v76398

I tried rebooting this morning and it's the same.

I'm not sure what the version was before so I have no clue if this is new or not. Anyone know?

FWIW, I have the default random Bell credentials for the PPPoE login on the Sagemcom and I'm using a router to handle my PPPoE session to TekSavvy.

Jinzo

join:2011-06-14
Burlington, ON
reply to TSI Jonathan
I am at work so I can't check but what should the new firmware version be? Also do you need to have your PPOE info on the Bell modem for this update to work? I have it setup for pass through as well so I am curious if it will even take the update in that mode. I seem to remember the Cellpigs would not update unless you had your info on the actual modem.

I had an upload broken last night so I am curious if this is what caused it.

lawrenson

join:2012-02-22
reply to TSI Jonathan
This thread seems like a good place to mention that it looks like we'll get "wholesale specific firmware" next quarter.
Hopefully that means less Bell restrictions.

quote:
Effective November 23, Bell Wholesale will be issuing Sagemcom 2864 modems for all new GAS orders.

The Sagemcom 2864 will replace the 2Wire modems, which are being discontinued by the manufacturer. The Sagemcom 2864 modem will be offered with retail firmware; wholesale specific firmware will be available in Q1, 2013.

Rates

Bulk purchase terms require a minimum order of 10 units at a price of $110.00 per unit, plus tax. Prices include shipping and handling. Purchased modems will be drop shipped directly to the ISP.

Individual units are available for $110.00 per unit, plus tax. Prices include shipping and handling. Purchased modems will be drop shipped directly to the ISP’s end user.

Rental prices are $8.00 per month, plus tax. Rental pricing also includes shipping and handling; rentals are conveniently shipped directly to the ISP’s end user.

Sagemcom product specs are available on the Bell Business Portal under service provider support.

RRRR

Montreal, QC
Thanks for the head up!
Does it mean we will be able to buy and not rent it too?!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
said by RRRR:

Thanks for the head up!
Does it mean we will be able to buy and not rent it too?!

You either Rent.. Or buy your own.
Either way you still pay the $8 rental fee.
re: Tariffs.
Thats what this thread is about. Abolishing that $8 fee

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to lawrenson
Thats quite interesting... Hopefully the wholesale firmware will have access to line stats, and that bell will not be messing with the firmware....

Jinzo

join:2011-06-14
Burlington, ON
Staying on topic my SageCom is running the following version:
Firmware Version: FAST2864_v66398

Curious to know what version is the lastest.

tungaw

join:2010-07-27
FAST2864_v6740S this is the new firmware bell is installing

jbiss_ca

join:2007-10-14
Verdun, QC
reply to RRRR
My modem was updated during the night and I was able to re-apply the the telnet fix to gain access to my modem sync rate.

TilhasBB
Premium
canada
reply to TSI Jonathan
Did everyone get the update? I didn't.

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to TSI Jonathan
We're waiting on a reply from Bell concerning this.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to TSI Jonathan
So, what does the new firmware do ...... allow Bell to claim this »[DSL] Bell Retentions claims Tek Savvy throttles DSL is now true?

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON
No, throttling wouldn't happen at the modem. People could just use their own modems and circumvent it.

TilhasBB
Premium
canada
Hmmmmm. Anyone else have this?

telnet 192.168.2.1
Connecting To 192.168.2.1...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

Any ideas?
Did they change the port or block it?

jbiss_ca

join:2007-10-14
Verdun, QC
reply to TSI Jonathan
My firmware just changed again.

Rescue Version: FAST2864_v7740S

I am still able to telnet into the modem though. Have you tried re-applying the telnet fix?

TilhasBB
Premium
canada
It can't connect to the modem via telnet to be able to apply the fix.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to TSI Jonathan
Has anyone tried an IPv6 login in the Sagemcom?

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON
From my tests, it (like the Cellpipe) just logs about IP6CP being unsupported.

nothanks

@bell.ca
I'm with Bell as part of Fibetv. My firmware just got upgraded so I guess this is for everyone and not just TekSavvy users?

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1
reply to TSI Jonathan
Wholesale Specific Firmware? interesting.

Anyone at teksavvy able to confirm wether teksavvy has been contacted regarding features to be included in said firmware?

Maybe it'll have some sort of true bridgemode support? ahh a guy can dream.
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

TilhasBB
Premium
canada

3 edits
Bell Modems upgraded as well.

RRRR

Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Jonathan
I was having almost 2 weeks of good connection and I'm syncing at full speed but getting speed tests at just above 20 down (while I usually easily get just over 25) but mostly I'm only getting 0.55 Mbps up.

Then I reboot the modem and get even better sync speed on the modem and speed tests at 25/9.5.
I'm wondering if that new firmware is a bit weird or if there is something (not so) "magical" about getting a sync from Bell's network...

bigbug

join:2013-01-15
Markham, ON
reply to TSI Jonathan
»admin:admin@192.168.2.1/replace_rg_conf.cgi

does not work. It says my password is incorrect. I tried both "admin" and the customized password to the admin console. None worked. Did Bell disable this?