Search similar:

uniqs

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

[HT1000] The hughes is letting me down

One night it worked fine and this is my second night i am experiencing, how should i say this- extreme slowdown.. I hate saying it cause i thought i was gonna see some great speeds tonight and i have just a small download on pause right now. I noticed that i am currently/still seeing issues with my downlink witch i don't like too well but the modem has'nt failed nor slipped all day or ever since the modem and satellite installation. The connection with servers seem great (better than HN7000) atleast.

PCsongBird
join:2006-12-07
Hawthorne, FL

PCsongBird

diablo, go into your Advanced section in the SCC, it is accessed by clicking on the faint grey "I" up top on the UI (on the upper top right side). Once there look at the Advanced Menu on the left side, and open Diagnostics, Hourly History and/or Current Hour History, and check for any red X's that appear in any of the columns. There is currently a problem that shows up sometimes when downloading (usually a large file and usually in the "Bonus Bytes" time frame, but not always). If that is the case, a reboot from inside the SCC will usually solve the problem. They are aware of the problem and a fix is in the works.
Hope that helps.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

Thanks PC i just needed someone to tell me that im not the only one getting this.. this lifts a load off my mind as well, uh anyway, what exact is the downlink for anyway?? I always thought it was for downloading since there is a uplink as well but i guess this is'nt the case since we're all getting download and upload speed (atleast some for both.

PCsongBird
join:2006-12-07
Hawthorne, FL

PCsongBird to diablo18926

to diablo18926
diablo, indeed downlink is the download side of the equation. There are certain things that can set off the trigger for this event causing red X's to show up, but it's easy to not realize this has happened, as everything usually still works, but the system does get "flaky" after awhile. In the Advanced Menu / General / Summary, your System state code will show. It should read 0.0.0 If it is anything else, go to the state code list and see what it says the cause or problem is. The state code monitor section will show all the state codes that you have gone through and the duration of each, but they will usually self correct, and you should end up back at 0.0.0
If you have rebooted lately, a lot of that data will disappear, but it is archived, so that tech support can pull it up if needed.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

Well there goes the last straw, speed is dead for the night.. goodnight all, freakin hughes
pvtpilot94
System
Premium Member
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH

pvtpilot94 to diablo18926

Premium Member

to diablo18926
Things are going crazy with my HT1000 setup. I was on the phone today with hughes and they think there might be a problem with the modem or ODU.
I am told they are seeing "dropouts" and that Hughes engineers are looking at a possible problem. he didn't elaborate on the "problem" as he said engineers wouldn't probably give him all the details.
My latest HT1000 speed test from Hughes shows a download of 208 kbps

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

I got the download done finally but very slow.. im tired as heck right now, not use to staying up this late (seriously) anyway its done, it toke two resets using browser then i went to modem and unplugged it for about 10 minutes, works some what better but its nothin perfect and most certainly nothing like the speed i had on my HN7000, really missing that thing now. Anyway i am out, good luck with yours, hopefully we can all get our Gen4 problems fixed.

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88 to pvtpilot94

Anon

to pvtpilot94
Try turning of web acceleration... Been having issues with it all day today, resulting in blank pages, slow speeds and all sorts of funky things.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by C0RR0SIVE88 :

Try turning of web acceleration... Been having issues with it all day today, resulting in blank pages, slow speeds and all sorts of funky things.

Thanks corrosive but now i'm moving onto a new problem, this problem involves VPN, the program is called tunngle and i was able to connect last night but then i relaunched the program (without making any changes to anything) I was surprised, tunngle was'nt able to connect its tools such as the adapter and i think (not sure) that my problem here might be with hughes instead of my doing or with tunngle.

I'v been using tunngle alot on the old modem but with this one i only got successfully connected few times, here is where you can read about tunngle: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunngle

Really hope someone can give me some advice or help me.

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

Strangely, I have no solutions for VPN issues. Some VPN systems work, some don't.... It's possibly why they haven't launched business accounts yet... I think it could be related to the IPv4/IPv6 nature of the system... Maybe disable IPv6 on your router for WAN side and see if it helps any at all?

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

I got it fixed now so no problemo, some how my zonealarm was interfering with tunngle and once i uninstalled, it already starting pointing fingers back at my firewall (zonealarm) so then i rebooted and the uninstall removed it all and its working fine again now. I kind of wonder now if maybe Gen4 had anything to do with this since we all here had to get our IP address settings set to automatic from being set to manual once Gen4 was plugged into our switch. I have no clue how it did it but it did and we all were amazingly surprised. Little changes could sometimes make a huge difference or even a compact onto other things, very interesting.

Anyway I installed a new windows on my other internal HD so i have a clean copy running on some what of a better HD life and when next problem(s) arise, thats when my new win install comes into play.. BTW Happy Thanksgiving all hope everyone had a good one!