join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
reply to hyelton

Re: How do my Signals Look?

That final column is Uncorrected Errors - really shouldn't see much of anything there - that's what i was concerned with. I've had less than 100 errors on my system over an 18 day period - that's why when i saw yours at 30,000+ i was concerned.

Downstream, SNR "could" be a little higher, but that and the Power Levels are good.

Like the other poster mentioned, your upstream power at 28 is REALLY low...could cause some issues down the road for you. But, if you're getting what you want - just keep an eye on things.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Couriant

join:2012-10-29
Peoria, AZ

said by JeepMatt:

That final column is Uncorrected Errors - really shouldn't see much of anything there - that's what i was concerned with.

I concur. The first download stream has uncorrectables at 120% more than the corrected... that is not good, the others are fine though. As to the US Power, that should be fine also, it means the modem doesn't need to 'shout' as loud to be heard by the CMTS.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

said by Couriant:

said by JeepMatt:

That final column is Uncorrected Errors - really shouldn't see much of anything there - that's what i was concerned with.

I concur. The first download stream has uncorrectables at 120% more than the corrected... that is not good, the others are fine though. As to the US Power, that should be fine also, it means the modem doesn't need to 'shout' as loud to be heard by the CMTS.

You are correct, but that is still too low to get up and over the noise floor. Something in the plant is out of balance.
--
Ex-Comcast Tech at the Beach. I speak for myself, not my former employer.