spikernum1

join:2010-03-03
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·Cogeco Cable
·voip.ms

dpc3000 login doesnt show any admin functions

i logged in to 192.168.100.1 using admin/W2402 and all i got was the same status screen and broken Speedtest menu item and a link to Log Out.

where is the admin section where i should be able to factory reset, or view logs, etc? am i using the wrong credentials?

also, i am unable to even view 192.168.100.1 on any browser except IE. It keeps giving me a javascript warning and then displays the HTML markup from chrome, firefox, ipad safari, etc.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

If you ever find out, let us know. I'd love to be able to see detailed frequency info.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to spikernum1

You don't need to be in admin mode to use the clear feature to put it to factory defaults. From what we can tell there is really nothing in the admin section that is different, we've asked our distributors, Cisco, searched high and low (as have others) and it doesn't seem like anyone can find any additional useful features/info as admin.

spikernum1

join:2010-03-03
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·Cogeco Cable
·voip.ms

said by rocca:

You don't need to be in admin mode to use the clear feature to put it to factory defaults.

I don't see an option to reset to factory defaults. Do I do it through the web page? Or using a hardware reset switch?

Where on the web page should I look?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23

said by spikernum1:

I don't see an option to reset to factory defaults. Do I do it through the web page? Or using a hardware reset switch?

Sorry I was thinking of a different modem, it's the reset button on the back - hold it in for 10-15 seconds until the lights flash and it will reset itself. Thanks.