We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz

Re: NEW Wholesale residential high-speed access services150;CBB

said by Guspaz:

Firstly, the CRTC has set a maximum amount of time that incumbents are allowed to take for capacity increases, so incumbents can no longer drag their feet for months and months with no promised install date in site. Non-complex requests are now required to be completed within 15 business days, and complex requests within 60 business days.

And the penalties for NOT complying are what exactly?
Most likely the incumbent CEO being forced to stand at a bar in Yellowknife and being forced to buy shots for any CRTC commissioner who shows up between 6:00pm to 6:01pm each Thursday there is a full moon from today through to next Friday - would be my guess.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

And the penalties for NOT complying are what exactly?
Most likely the incumbent CEO being forced to stand at a bar in Yellowknife and being forced to buy shots for any CRTC commissioner who shows up between 6:00pm to 6:01pm each Thursday there is a full moon from today through to next Friday - would be my guess.

I think they can revoke licenses.. But we all know that'll never happen for any incumbents unless its a radio station or something.

But yeah, its essentially "Do what we tell you, or we'll shake our fist at you... And yeah, thats all."