hm
@videotron.ca

hm to Gone

Anon

to Gone

Re: NEW Wholesale residential high-speed access services150;CBB

said by Gone:

said by hm :

Well that exactly what I was getting at (as shown if you quote the whole thing and not selectively cherry-pick).

I don't think you do, particularly since Rogers and Cogeco are already aggregated and rocca's ISP is running on those aggregated links right now in Ontario. Anything that would apply to the context of Videotron's aggregate network as far as pricing goes would just as equally apply to Rogers' and Cogeco's aggregate networks as well.

Rogers did not have aggregated. It was mandated to do this over time. And now they are ready for it after X-years in the works. Cogeco, no clue, they are broken up in diff territories and prov's with diff points of interconnect the last time I looked. Does Start also Service Quebec Cogeco territory though a single point of interconnection? Because this was also something asked to do. Does one point of interconnect give Start the whole of cogeco's Quebec and Ontario foot print? Last I read, the answer was no. Unless this has now been addressed.

Rocca can maybe answer that one.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by hm :

Rogers did not have aggregated. It was mandated to do this over time. And now they are ready for it after X-years in the works.

So what? They have a functional aggregated POI available now. What's your point?
said by hm :

Cogeco, no clue, they are broken up in diff territories and prov's with diff points of interconnect the last time I looked.

There's only two interconnects - Burlington for Ontario and Trois-Rivieres for Quebec. This isn't "broken up" - the Burlington POI aggregates roughly 20-30 POIs in Ontario and Trois-Rivieresaround ten or so in Quebec. Cogeco Ontario and Cogeco Quebec are functionally separated, just like Rogers Ontario and Rogers Atlantic Canada are.
said by hm :

Does Start also Service Quebec Cogeco territory though a single point of interconnection? Because this was also something asked to do. Does one point of interconnect give Start the whole of cogeco's Quebec and Ontario foot print? Last I read, the answer was no. Unless this has now been addressed.

No, and it never will. Seeing as how Videotron doesn't serve anywhere except for Quebec and the very immediate Francophone near-periphery in Ontario and New Brunswick, we have zero way of knowing if they would have designed their network any differently and if they would have functional separation, though from what I remember - and this is going back at least 15 years or so now - when they had operations in Alberta and Manitoba, they *were* functionally separated from Quebec and if we were to translate this into a similar parallel today in is more than logical that they would have regional aggregate POIs for Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec like Rogers has for Ontario and Atlantic and Cogeco has for Ontario and Quebec. Ultimately we'll never know, and any comments you make on this particular issue would be nothing more than speculation seeing as how they only function in one province today.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to hm

Premium Member

to hm
said by hm :

Does one point of interconnect give Start the whole of cogeco's Quebec and Ontario foot print? Last I read, the answer was no. Unless this has now been addressed.

No, Cogeco has two POI's, one in Ontario and one in Quebec. To connect to their entire footprint you'd have to connect to both POI's.