All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
broadband412
join:2003-06-17
Brooklyn, NY

broadband412

Promotion coming to end Possible to extend?

Hi, last year I signed up for optimum triple play. I got a letter saying that the promotion will be coming to an end with the December bill and will be paying full rates for services. I have IO Gold+OOL regular+OV for $173. The bill shows $53 in savings with the promotional rates so I figure the bill will go up $53 once promo ends. Is it possible to get a promotion extension? If so, how. Thanks.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Threaten to switch to Fios or drop OV. Be prepared for them to call your buff, however.

mab631
Premium Member
join:2003-08-22
Mastic Beach, NY

mab631 to broadband412

Premium Member

to broadband412
I just called and said that my friend Directv worked though the Hurricane. my promo didn't end till jan but knew it would be easier to extend my promo now then in a month. plus got my credit too

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69 to broadband412

to broadband412
Only use the FiOS card if you can actually get it. They will check.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon to broadband412

to broadband412
CV automatically semi-extended my promo. I got a letter saying that promo is expiring but they offer another discount for a year. My total triple-play monthly bill increased by $20.
cOOLguy
join:2009-09-10
Suncook, NH

1 edit

cOOLguy

When my promo ends I am just going to cancel. I am prepared to bring my box in. With the promotion I am paying 1560 a year for internet + boost minus, voip, io silver minus something since I got it, and hard drive dvr.

Also I am pissed that there is no android app.

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

1 edit

jaa to broadband412

Premium Member

to broadband412
When my promo ended, they would not extend. But they offered to drop OV, add iO Silver, and keep my bill the same for a year. That is what we did.

Of course the bill came in with OV still there, and with Silver. I called, they removed silver, and now my bill is lower than it was before, and I still have OV (which I don't use).

Whatever you work out with them, be sure to check your bill.
broadband412
join:2003-06-17
Brooklyn, NY

broadband412

I called them and asked them what the new price is and they told me around $220 which is not bad compared with what I used to pay before I had triple play. I used to have Verizon phone and internet and IO Gold and it would be about $260 a month so its not bad. Thanks all.