Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 edit

2 recommendations

Icarus

Mod

[Food] Whats on your table today?

Here at the House of Icky were doing a turkey and a ham. Stuffing,creamed onions w/garlic,mashed taters with roasted garlic,corn puddin',cranberry chutney,bread and rolls and thats about it. Pies for dessert. Pretty simple this year for us.

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
ARRIS NVG589

7 recommendations

Gizmo

MVM

Besides alligator and duck, we'll be serving a traditional Thanksgiving meal...............................

rusdi
American V
MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR

5 recommendations

rusdi to Icarus

MVM

to Icarus
Same for us. Jus' Diane & me this Thanksgiving.

Roast turkey & baked ham, (small).

Mashed 'taters, (not the purple ones) with bacon bits.

Tempura asparagus.

Green bean casserole.

Rice cheese & broccoli casserole.

Cornbread sage dressing.

Turkey gravy.

Pumpkin cheesecake, (looks yummy!!)

Pecan pie.

Fruit Ambrosia.

Eat, sleep, and be merry TH!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TH!!

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

1 recommendation

Icarus

Mod

Almost forgot the brussell sprouts w/bacon sauteed in bacon fat and butter! Good stuff iffn I do say so myself!

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

2 recommendations

jaynick to Icarus

Premium Member

to Icarus
Going to SIL's, having the traditional stuff mentioned here. She said Costco was out of alliduck though.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 recommendation

Sunny to Icarus

to Icarus
Nothing but usual fare. We celebrate tomorrow and my kiddos are cooking. I don't even know what we'll be eating, but I very much expect to like it.

Eat heartily Team Helix and be thankful.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

squirt to Icarus

MVM

to Icarus
said by Icarus:

Here at the House of Icky were doing a turkey and a ham.

Maybe you should give up the ham ....

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· UoE0WIFg

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

Icarus

Mod

NOT givin up da ham!

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

2 recommendations

Santa Fe to Icarus

to Icarus
Ate out. Had a 12 Oz. Kansas City Strip Steak, French Fries, salad & Pumpkin Pie.

Yeah, I love it when I go to a place that still has them listed as Freedom Fries, because then I get to order them REAL LOUD with the correct term.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to Icarus

Premium Member

to Icarus
Just got home and napped a couple hours. Went to niece's yesterday for the meal, she's an amazing cook, but for some reason the bird was tough and dry. I made my humus that everybody loved. I ate some things I shouldn't, like Mac and Cheese.

I had a ball playing with all my nephews that are just a few years from becoming teenagers. They are all still kid like. Spending time with all of them is priceless, and my grand niece who is just starting to say a few words, she's a real munchkin.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 recommendation

Sunny to Icarus

to Icarus
We finally had our time of giving thanks over a special dinner yesterday. This was our low carb fare and it was delicious:

"Gamish corn hens" or "baby chickens" with a low carb honey-butter-lemon glaze
Cauliflower mash (our mashed potatoes which I like even more than mashed postatoes)
Green bean casserole
Low carb zuchinni bread
Low carb minty chocolate for dessert

Awesome, and all cooked by my kiddos. Relaxing time together for us and a friend.

rusdi
American V
MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR

rusdi

MVM

"Low carb"??!!!

How, in the world are you gonna have any energy for Black Friday, Saturday, Sunday??!!

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

1 recommendation

Icarus to Sunny

Mod

to Sunny
said by Sunny:

Cauliflower mash (our mashed potatoes which I like even more than mashed postatoes)

We have that here quite often also. Best way to eat a veggie ever. We call them Faux-tatos!

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe to Sunny

to Sunny
"Cauliflower mash (our mashed potatoes which I like even more than mashed postatoes:"

Like those also. Of course if you forget & steam Broccoli way too long, you get the green version, Broccoli Mash!
Santa Fe

Santa Fe to rusdi

to rusdi
said by rusdi:

"Low carb"??!!!

How, in the world are you gonna have any energy for Black Friday, Saturday, Sunday??!!

With reports of people being trampled & shot at some of those stores holding Black Friday sales, I prefer to wait till way After to do mine.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to rusdi

to rusdi
said by rusdi:

"Low carb"??!!!

From the fat, silly. Go low carb and you become a fat burner. Low fat burns carb. You can go either way, I suppose. Low fat or low carb. Low carb just tastes better.

I forgot that and ordered Greek yogurt in the hospital once yogurt was allowed. Arghhhhh, I had forgotten how awful low fat yogurt tastes!
Sunny

Sunny to Santa Fe

to Santa Fe
said by Santa Fe:

With reports of people being trampled & shot at some of those stores holding Black Friday sales, I prefer to wait till way After to do mine.

Yeh. Me, too. I have energy, but I have no money for risking my life to go buy something I'm not aware I even need!

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

Icarus

Mod

You can always buy me stuff that Im unaware that I need?

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

No way. For you and for the first time in my life I listened to that song about the Group W bench. The whole thing. And then I slept for nearly three hours. I think this set back my recovery at least 3 days.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

1 recommendation

squirt

MVM

said by Sunny:

No way. For you and for the first time in my life I listened to that song about the Group W bench. The whole thing. And then I slept for nearly three hours. I think this set back my recovery at least 3 days.

No visit to Alice's restaurant is complete without considering whether or not you want a pickle!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 6Uwp6ZnI

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

Icarus to Sunny

Mod

to Sunny
said by Sunny:

I told ya it was good!