Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

1 edit

1 recommendation

Hayward0 to jack b

Premium Member

to jack b

Re: What are the best Black Friday deals?

said by jack b:

AMEX Small business Saturday. Spend $25, get $25.

»www.americanexpress.com/ ··· p-Small/

It's a no-brainer.

If you can find a place that accepts AMEX the most unaccepted card in the world. Because of their merchant costs....

Even Discover was in that position but pretty much everywhere now...AMEX still the most widely rejected card... screw merchant and customer alike. Yeah some of their cards had to get better on the customer side but still screw the merchant.

A fool if you have that as only card if not ready to pay cash.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

Not that hard to find businesses that take AmEx - yes some don't but the vast majority do. Independent auto repair places are the main ones that don't in my experience.

I live is a small city and AmEx, lists 20 pages of small business that take AmEx. From restaurants, to small craft stores, pharmacies, Dr offices... etc...
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

I canceled my AMEX card 20 years ago, and I'm glad I did.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
said by CylonRed:

Not that hard to find businesses that take AmEx - yes some don't but the vast majority do. Independent auto repair places are the main ones that don't in my experience.

I live is a small city and AmEx, lists 20 pages of small business that take AmEx. From restaurants, to small craft stores, pharmacies, Dr offices... etc...

I know many bars and restaurants that won't take them because of their ridiculous merchant fees.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

In my travels - I found tourist areas would gladly take them and very few of the restaurants refused them - maybe on place in Baltimore. In general - I have had very few placers that sis not take AmEx. Even when I drove cross country to Idaho from Ohio.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

1 edit

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by CylonRed:

In my travels - I found tourist areas would gladly take them and very few of the restaurants refused them - maybe on place in Baltimore. In general - I have had very few placers that sis not take AmEx. Even when I drove cross country to Idaho from Ohio.

Well Key West is certainly a prime tourist area, and believe me there are many bars and restaurants, and some stores that will not take AMEX, because of its high fee to merchant cost.

Used to be that way with Discover too (to fund their cash back)... but they seemed to have worked things out (and also lowered but for special promotions their cash back too)... most places that still don't take AMEX do take Discover now.