TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to dfs42

Premium Member

to dfs42

Re: Teksavvy sucks

I don't know the OP but the idea he is using someone makes no sense to me. Maybe in the past tek was a bad experience but he hoped it changed and tried again. I've done that before.

what would he get out of using tek?
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

Good question, how does the customer get any benefit from ordering then cancelling?

Upsidedown
@utoronto.ca

Upsidedown to TOPDAWG

Anon

to TOPDAWG
+1, if he cancelled AFTER the service was installed and demanded the refund, then he'd be using Tek (say, to condition his copper) and abusing the company.

Demanding refund post bad install cant be classified as abuse, its quite a leap to conclude that. Nor did Marc provide a reason for why the OP cancelled last time and thus assuming abuse is just also quite a leap. So this "pattern of abuse" doesn't really hold up.

Although, I do find Marc's strategy/approach quite interesting. Quite... Lawyer-esque...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Lawyer-esque?

LOL... lawyers would advise me to stay very far away from this place.

I just haven't listened to all of the calls myself yet.. this is the run down to date:

Timetable
11/1/2012 Order Placed
11/7/2012 Order Confirmed for 11/10/2012
11/8/2012 Customer called in to confirm appointment
11/10/2012 Customer calls in to advise that the Telco room is locked. Will need to be rescheduled
11/10/2012 Order Rescheduled
11/12/2012 Reschedule Confirmed for 11/13/2012
11/12/2012 Customer wants to cancel. Advised that if he cancels now, no refund
11/14/2012 Order Cancelled

waiting to confirm that the install was done on the 13th...

I just got a copy of the initial call to listen too right now but I don't have time to listen to it today.

I'm also asking my team to contact CCTS to get their opinion.

If there's something to learn here.. I'm game to chase it down. What I've seen so far and the last call from the 12th that I listened to.. tells me this is a case where a retention team from an incumbent offered an attractive deal and as a result we're on the hook for costs.. the OP called back two days later and the day prior to the install to cancel.. plus the prior history and the fact that we've already extended good will the first go around..

It's all fine to take the other deal.. we just shouldn't be on the hook for the change of mind.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido

Totally agree with you Marc.

For the others who are "the forum's smarts" hiding after an anonymous name ... let them run their own business and eat the "cost of doing business" with customers changing their minds ...

nothing
@videotron.ca

nothing to Upsidedown

Anon

to Upsidedown
said by TOPDAWG:

what would he get out of using tek?

Nothing. Not even a so called "line condition". People can only pull this with Bell, as detailed here: »Re: Teksavvy sucks

This does *not* apply to cable. And this person ordered cable to my understanding.

So there is really no motive.