uniqs
share rss forum feed

Michail
Premium
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL
kudos:1

Nokia 920 battery - insanley slow charge/fast discharge

I switched over from an iPhone 4 to a Nokia 920 yesterday and I really love the phone and the new Windows 8 mobile OS. However, I have yet to get it to charge to 100%.

It came from the store around 40% (iPhones always come fully charged). Anyway and hour or two here or there managed to not put much charge on it at all. The longest charge I had was for 3.5 hours on AC and it charged to 77%.

I didn't leave it on the charger over night and it went from 77% to 40% in 6 hours of no use in standby. My iPhone would have been around 100-98%.

I know smartphones go through battery like crazy but it almost sounds like something is wrong here. I see reports of people claiming good battery life and others reporting similar.

Michail
Premium
Boynton Beach, FL

I've disabled NFC so I'll see how that goes.

Michail
Premium
Boynton Beach, FL
reply to Michail

I made a couple of adjustments and have seen a remarkable change in battery performance.

I minimized the people tile and turned off the top two WiFi advanced options. I'm not sure which change did it but now the battery usage is comparable to my iPhone.

I left my house and streamed music from Rhapsody for 20 minutes. When I checked my battery level it was still at 100%.

I've been using the phone heavily since and no issues so far.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57

Thanks for the update...the info might help someone else.

Michail
Premium
Boynton Beach, FL

1 recommendation

That's what I thought too.

If an iPhone was released with an issue like this it would be headline news, made fun of by the droid community, endlessly blogged about for years and patched right away.

It feels kind of lonely here in the windows mobile world.