how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON

1 recommendation

Teksavvy - What the hell has happened to you guys?

Alright, I'm tired of the bullshit and excuses. I waited all day yesterday for my phone to be installed, and the Bell guy just pulled a no-show. "Wait until midnight" I was told, well, midnight came and went and nothing.

Then I was told if I want to cancel the order that I'll end up eating the $25 install fee. That's horse shit, because the fucking guy never showed, and because of that, I want to cancel, so it's my fault and I don't get my money back? A contract was essentially breached. I paid you guys to get phone service, and it never happened, so I want to cancel. How hard is that to understand?

Then I said I want to cancel my DSL, and got some song and dance about how there's a phone connected to the account and that could cause problems? I said I don't care and then the tech just hung up on me.

Really Teksavvy, I've had enough of your bullshit and excuses. This all comes down on YOU. You can only blame Bell so much since YOU are my phone provider, not Bell.

I'm posting this on the public forum because I want others to see the crap that I'm having to put up with from you.

Rude reps, crazy long wait times, being told "too bad" when I said I want a refund, or at least a credit, and of course, an install that just never happened. Being told to wait a week so they can make another attempt isn't acceptable in the least bit.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4

1 recommendation

They got 'big' and instituted 'process'.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to LondonOntGuy
You'll hear the same song and dance which rings true...Installs are well... it's like me calling you to show up somewhere... i can only hope you do.

Part i'm curious about is the rep hanging up on you. Were you cursing at the rep? belligerent with him/her at all? They are allowed in any office to hang up if the call get's way to out of hand.

Not saying you did, but i have to ask.

As for the install refund, i'm honestly surprised Teksavvy doesn't refund and fight bell themselves, and if they cannot fight bell then close the doors to bell. The business model of "shit, we can't do anything" really does suck for them and the customers.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

A contract was essentially breached. I paid you guys to get phone service, and it never happened, so I want to cancel. How hard is that to understand?

Teksavvy has never guaranteed installation on the first attempt. Teksavvy has never given refunds after a single failed install.
--
electronicsguru.ca

tyrmorr

join:2008-08-01
reply to LondonOntGuy
Teksavvy's hands are tied by the system they labor under.

If you are really annoyed by these things please yell at the CRTC as things can only really change if and when they take notice of how the incumbents are allowed to routinely screw over their independent competition.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to LondonOntGuy
Looking into this.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

reply to LondonOntGuy
Hi LondonOntGuy,

I am sorry that you feel this way. I can certainly help moved things along for you whether that is getting your stuff fixed or cancelling your account.

I wanted to put clarification out there on a few points:

1) When a technician for Phone Service does not show (you're not the first customer and you won't be the last) the policy is that we have to wait until midnight to open a ticket/escalate the issue. This is not a new process. It has been this way for a long time. I realize that this is not ideal but this is what we have been told to do by Bell so we have to respect it. In many cases, they batch up the activation/provisioning in their systems which can take up to midnight, hence the process.

2) The reason you were told that if you decide to cancel that the activation fee would not be refunded is because we are not permitted a refund unless the problem can be proven to be of fault by Bell. The reason why we asked to wait until midnight is that at that then, we would be able to determine if the issue was a simple as the service was activated but there is an issue or the order didn’t get completed and we have to interface with Bell to find out why. In your specific case, the order was not completed.

We have called Bell to find out why not, and they have advised us of that even though we got a confirmation that your order was set for yesterday, it got stuck in the system. That being said, if you are willing to give it another try, I will certainly attempt an escalation for you.

3) You are absolutely correct, we do need take ownership of issues regardless of who caused them, and we certainly have been doing so. Us informing you of what happened and what the next steps are is not an attempt to distract you with magic smoke by shifting things on Bell, it is us informing you of the situation. A case of us shifting blame and leaving it at that would be to just tell you “tough luck” and then do nothing about it.

If there is one thing that I think we could of done better here, it should have been to explain to you that if at midnight, the order was completed, we would open a ticket and if it was not completed, like what actually happened to you, then we would need to interface with Bell and that we would escalate with them for an expedition of installation.

Since we now have the specifics as to what happened in your situation, I am more than willing to provide you with a refund for phone services.

Please let me know how you wish for me to proceed.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to LondonOntGuy
The Bell process never changed, that has always remained the same. There's a chance the Bell tech will show up and there's a chance they won't show up either because they have retail customers which take priority or Bell 'loses' the order.

On TekSavvy side, I'm sure the phone support has slipped but the fees and how they handle it have not. Sometimes they do credit back but as per their terms you cannot expect it even if Bell doesn't show, and especially if you only tried to schedule it once.

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
reply to LondonOntGuy
Well TSI don't handle the installs (as you know already) and they are contracted by Bell technicians.

I believe you have to let TSI/Bell attempt another install. Unless they cannot absolutely provide service to your location due to technical issues, i believe the $25 is non-refundable.

BrianON

join:2011-09-30
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to LondonOntGuy
I agree it sounds like the customer is trying to pull one over.

Like there is a guide someplace for: Arrange service with competitor, get better deal from incumbent, attempt to cancel with competitor and then rant about it on forums if you don't.

I have a hard time believing a legitimate customer swears and rants like this over one missed install date and not getting a $25 refund.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
said by BrianON:

I have a hard time believing a legitimate customer swears and rants like this over one missed install date and not getting a $25 refund.

I sure don't.

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON
reply to LondonOntGuy
That's all fine and dandy but what if it "gets lost in the system again" again? I really don't understand what's so difficult, especially since a tech visit wasn't even required.

And now the phone service at my soon to be former London home is in jeopardy because I want to cancel my DSL there? Sounds like BS to me.

Edit: So my $25 will indeed be lost? That's fine. Hope you fuckers choke on it.

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to LondonOntGuy
Threads like this are why Rocky moved into the insurance business.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

That's all fine and dandy but what if it "gets lost in the system again" again? I really don't understand what's so difficult, especially since a tech visit wasn't even required.

And now the phone service at my soon to be former London home is in jeopardy because I want to cancel my DSL there? Sounds like BS to me.

Edit: So my $25 will indeed be lost? That's fine. Hope you fuckers choke on it.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote...

"Since we now have the specifics as to what happened in your situation, I am more than willing to provide you with a refund for phone services."

That means that I am willing to provide you a full refund!
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!
Expand your moderator at work

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
reply to LondonOntGuy

Re: Teksavvy - What the hell has happened to you guys?

SIR. You deserve to be hung up on. Your language needs to be cleaned up. It's unprofessional.

--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

KPaul

join:2007-02-08
reply to LondonOntGuy
"So my $25 will indeed be lost? That's fine. Hope you fuckers choke on it."

Hope you choke on your tongue. One thing to be upset, another to swear, and threaten people. Guessing you're what, 19?

MaynardKrebs
Premium
reply to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

I realize that this is not ideal but this is what we have been told to do by Bell so we have to respect it.

Andre,

No offense man, but c'mon. "Respect it"?????

Bell treats TSI, a customer with what.... ~60K DSL circuits ....exactly the same a Joe Blow in Yarker, Ont. with one line. WTF is wrong with this picture?

Respect?? Bell ought to be on their knees, dressed up in their best kneepads, servicing the hell out of you. {the thought of George Cope before Marc isn't pretty, but it is necessary -- think I'll have nightmares tonight}

You need a better system with all the incumbents.

"We have called Bell to find out why not, and they have advised us of that even though we got a confirmation that your order was set for yesterday, it got stuck in the system."

WTF does "stuck in the system" mean? What a load of crap.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
I should have send, we can't not follow the process. We can still fight it at a higher level but until it changes we can just do things outside of process.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

A nice little customer friendly change from how things used to be then. Personally, I think asking for a second chance on installs wasn't really asking for very much, but whatever..

Anyway, to be a bit pedantic about it..
Question: "Teksavvy - What the hell happened to you guys?"
Answer: "We got better."

--
electronicsguru.ca

MaynardKrebs
Premium
reply to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

I should have send, we can't not follow the process. We can still fight it at a higher level but until it changes we can just do things outside of process.

I know that TSI is stuck between a rock & a hard place on this, but so is every other indie - and I'm not saying that other indies aren't handling things better.

This kind of Bellshit is what CNOC ought to be busting heads over.

Or maybe you just go to Bell and tell them, "Unless you give us X,Y, Z in terms of service and/or realtime interfaces, we're going to transfer all our DSL customers to cable." And then you do the same to the cable companies and threaten to move everyone to Bell.

A missed install is a missed install, and if you lose money/customers as a result, then the incumbent needs to compensate you.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to Anon

Re: Teksavvy - What the hell has happened to you guys?

That's Bell's target audience.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Teddy Boom
said by Teddy Boom:

said by TSI Andre:

A nice little customer friendly change from how things used to be then. Personally, I think asking for a second chance on installs wasn't really asking for very much, but whatever..

Anyway, to be a bit pedantic about it..
Question: "Teksavvy - What the hell happened to you guys?"
Answer: "We got better."

Not to add fuel to the fire but you're really playing down the seriousness of some (not all as many use it as an excuse) those who stay home and DO loose money (a days work, a vacation day, a personal day of which their limited).

Some like my wife can take from a personal, vacation or lieu day without loss of pay since she's salaried. So many in and around the world cannot. So sometimes it's not about second chances, it's sometimes about the security of getting it done the first time without any more risk to the household income or job.

As much as TSI is between a rock and a hard place, how Andre said they need to "respect" bells process. I call BS simply because this isn't something you should roll over with, where is the fighting teksavvy we once seen? There was a time TSI would have put their gloves on and fought this tooth and nail. I respect Marc, but those days were with Rocky (long gone).

Customers of all people shouldn't be the only ones feeling this burden. It's a burden because ANYONE who is in this position (minus his language) WILL lose money. Teksavvy doesn't, customers do. Customers bare the bunt of all this trouble, no one else.

scorpido
Premium
join:2009-11-02
New Hamburg, ON
kudos:1

2 recommendations

reply to LondonOntGuy
I am going to be very blunt here. You have to take a day off work to be home between 9-5 because a Bell tech might need access. Customer stays home all day and bell never shows. Customer is pissed. Calls TSI and is told have to wait till midnight. Midnight comes and goes customer calls back in to find out order was pushed back and needs to be rebooked for another day and customer needs to be home from 9-5. Maybe bell will show maybe they won't. Know what this is called? Its Called bullshit. Customer now looses 2 days at work. Again whoever thought of this system should be linched. I wouldn't give a second chance either to the provider. How's many days off work does it take to get a phone line installed? Answer: who know. But I'm sure the chances of getting fired for being absent are better wagers.