how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to TSI Pierre

Re: Teksavvy - What the hell has happened to you guys?

said by TSI Pierre:

I should

I don't think that's a good idea... but yeah...

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to kovy7
said by kovy7:

said by Tx:

said by kovy7:

I wonder how teksavvy got a rating of 86% ....

That's what someone pointed out when they were at 91% 4-5 months ago. It is going down and DSLR doesn't fully represent all of their customer base. CanadianISP or whatever the site is has a laundry list of bad complaints.

My history with TSI was good, but that was pre-cable days....my wife loved dealing with them. Friendly, fast, responsive laughed things off as what the new reps do today, some ARE bad apples and really do leave a bad taste in customers mouths

Well it's not like you'll see people who will make a post just because they got good service... you're more likely to get people complaining. Maybe you'd rather look at Bell or Acanad ratings...

But we're not talking about Bell. That's comparing apples and oranges, and you know it. how many million customers vs teksavvy's....... #?

Review the history. 5 years ago, a negative teksavvy review was rare. As they grow, so does the complaints, so you cannot keep comparing a transport to a smart car, two different entities.

Teksavvy used to have a 96% rating before i signed up with DSLR i believe it was, near perfect. Years later we're reaching the mid 80's.

Your point about making a post about good service then you argue rating. 86% rating as you said is what speaks for itself is it not? SO really people do post, just not discussion type posts. What is there to discuss?

Happy customer: My install went great, thanks TSI!
TSI: Glad to hear, let us know if you have any questions
community: Uh.....great!

EOS.

People buy the new 80" Sharp LCD for i forget how much now and it works... what are they going to do? Come on forums and praise sharp? No, their just happy it works because they paid for it.

If they paid for it and it doesn't work... anger takes over and it's now a battle to inform other consumers about their experience, thus reviews/topics to discuss.

So we really cannot compare Bell's rating of whom have been in business for how long? With Teksavvy, you have to honestly admit, that is not a fair comparison because even if Teksavvy had the same rating, it's still not a fair comparison, they are still worlds apart.

kovy7

said by Tx:

But we're not talking about Bell. That's comparing apples and oranges, and you know it. how many million customers vs teksavvy's....... #?

Review the history. 5 years ago, a negative teksavvy review was rare. As they grow, so does the complaints, so you cannot keep comparing a transport to a smart car, two different entities.

Teksavvy used to have a 96% rating before i signed up with DSLR i believe it was, near perfect. Years later we're reaching the mid 80's.

Your point about making a post about good service then you argue rating. 86% rating as you said is what speaks for itself is it not? SO really people do post, just not discussion type posts. What is there to discuss?

EOS.

People buy the new 80" Sharp LCD for i forget how much now and it works... what are they going to do? Come on forums and praise sharp? No, their just happy it works because they paid for it.

If they paid for it and it doesn't work... anger takes over and it's now a battle to inform other consumers about their experience, thus reviews/topics to discuss.

So we really cannot compare Bell's rating of whom have been in business for how long? With Teksavvy, you have to honestly admit, that is not a fair comparison because even if Teksavvy had the same rating, it's still not a fair comparison, they are still worlds apart.

Why can't we compare with Bell... it's like people believe this sort of stuff doesn't happen to Bell customer... well it does. If incumbents have their own problem with their own customer, what the heck do you think it's going to happen to Teksavvy and others?

Also, I named Acanac.

Is there anyone else that has a higher rating then Teksavvy ?

So their rating dropped, it's still respectable... is it not?

Things could be better... but heck, things could always be better.

Also, it's discussion post that gets attention... anyone knows this.

CYYZ

join:2012-11-08
reply to epsilon3
said by epsilon3:

said by CYYZ:

NOBODY forced you into this business and you knew full well of the problems before you set up shop. So suck it up and don't act all surprised when customers get angry at you.

Nobody forced the customers to be stupid!
Nobody forced them to move to the resellers!

So, take it easy with your recommendations.

Well, to some people the whole internet is not their life. Just because you are so interested in the whole internet service provider industry, doesn't mean everyone else is. To some people internet service is no different than the electric or water company and they treat it as such.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to epsilon3
said by epsilon3:

said by CYYZ:

NOBODY forced you into this business and you knew full well of the problems before you set up shop. So suck it up and don't act all surprised when customers get angry at you.

Nobody forced the customers to be stupid!
Nobody forced them to move to the resellers!

So, take it easy with your recommendations.

I think you need to understand the meaning of reseller... TSI isn't a reseller

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to kovy7
said by kovy7:

said by Tx:

EOS.

Why can't we compare with Bell... it's like people believe this sort of stuff doesn't happen to Bell customer... well it does. If incumbents have their own problem with their own customer, what the heck do you think it's going to happen to Teksavvy and others?

Also, I named Acanac.

I absolutely guarantee you, it's a rarity with for example a bell customer. You seem fixated on a fictional rating system. As far as i'm concerned, and i say this very seriously. DSLR != represent Teksavvy as a business.

Let's also not forget, even if Bell didn't show and a customer complaints... look first month of service is free. Things they can do to make a customer happy. Something Teksavvy has to brainstorm on how to do themselves without going broke. I say broke loosely because there aren't THAT many messed up installs to bankrupt them.

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON
reply to kovy7
said by kovy7:

Yeah Bell is the perfect ISP... must be the reason why you chose Teksavvy in the first place.

Point I was trying to make is that Bell probably saw me and thought "Ah, another TSI customer, he can rack off, I got other more important things to do." (like go on a coffee break). Meanwhile, the Bell customer gets service installed right at 8am.

kovy7

reply to Tx
said by Tx:

said by kovy7:

said by Tx:

EOS.

Also, I named Acanac.

I absolutely guarantee you, it's a rarity with for example a bell customer. You seem fixated on a fictional rating system. As far as i'm concerned, and i say this very seriously. DSLR != represent Teksavvy as a business.

Let's also not forget, even if Bell didn't show and a customer complaints... look first month of service is free. Things they can do to make a customer happy. Something Teksavvy has to brainstorm on how to do themselves without going broke. I say broke loosely because there aren't THAT many messed up installs to bankrupt them.

While I'm fixated on ratings... you're fixated on complaining post. It's only normal to have more complaining post when your numbers of customer grows. Either it stays proportional and you here more about it (also add the cable side which Tek didn't have 5 years ago) or things are going to fast for Tek to handle but are still able to keep a good portion of customer happy.

Bell can maybe make deals for the customers, but at one point he will not be happy without service... There's multiple reason why not everyone is with Bell.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to LondonOntGuy
Hey LondonOntGuy,

I'm just reading through this thread. I know you're frustrated with it all.. I'm trying to look at all of this from an objective point of view to see what we could have done differently. I don't know that I've read every post and maybe you already explained it but can you tell me you're thoughts on what we could do differently? What we could have done to avoid this perhaps?
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

kovy7

reply to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

said by kovy7:

Yeah Bell is the perfect ISP... must be the reason why you chose Teksavvy in the first place.

Point I was trying to make is that Bell probably saw me and thought "Ah, another TSI customer, he can rack off, I got other more important things to do." (like go on a coffee break). Meanwhile, the Bell customer gets service installed right at 8am.

HA, yeah... right... Bell customer are always satisfied!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

2 edits
reply to kovy7
I think our rating went down because for about a year, mid way through last year up to mid way through this year we were just less good. Many reasons for it.. Not trying to rehash that.

Today though, we are certainly pulling all the stops and pushing all the buttons to own every single experience. We have wait time issues that are still impacting things that we have a plan to solve soon. And there are new realities that just were not there 5 years ago... Just think of all the upgrades the incumbents are doing and how much that has caused all sorts of problems. Even Bell Technical solutions.. They've hired thousands of new staff.. Those are the ones doing installs and repairs now.. All this change impacts us in ways that were not there before.

I don't see our size as the primary factor in all of this. We did have to deal with a number of issues but as soon as our attention was again turned to the customer experience, you can almost instantly see where the issues are coming from. We're not perfect.. We have to work out some kinks still but none of those kinks will make a field tech show up on time... Or prevent a PIE...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to Tx
said by Tx:

Actually..... if we base our self on the reason the OP posted in the first place, it was for phone. And TSI is a reseller for POTS. We wholesale DSL/Cable for internet. So his comment is actually correct in this case.
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

kovy7

reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I think our rating went down because for about a year, mid way through last year up to mid way through this year we were just less good. Many reasons for it.. Not trying to rehash that.

Today though, we are certainly pulling all the stops and pushing all the buttons to own every single experience. We have wait time issues that are still impacting things that we have a plan to solve soon. And there are new realities that just were not there 5 years ago... Just think of all the upgrades the incumbents are doing and how much that has caused all sorts of problems. Even Bell Technical solutions.. They've hired thousands of new staff.. Those are the ones doing installs and repairs now.. All this change impacts us in ways that were not there before.

I don't see our size as the primary factor in all of this. We did have to deal with a number of issues but as soon as our attention was again turned to the customer experience, you can almost instantly see where the issues are coming from. We're not perfect.. We have to work out some kinks still but none of those kinks will make a field tech show up on time... Or prevent a PIE...

I agree, it does impact. Adding cable to the mix was also a new thing.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
yep. Cable had everything to do with everything in the last year and a half. Double edged sword. Read my evolution of access blog pretty much.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to TSI Martin
said by TSI Martin:

said by Tx:

Actually..... if we base our self on the reason the OP posted in the first place, it was for phone. And TSI is a reseller for POTS. We wholesale DSL/Cable for internet. So his comment is actually correct in this case.

I disagree. Reseller is what you offer to customers to resell your service (Though your POTS is resold yes no equipment required) but your wholesale side changes what Teksavvy is. You don't invest in the hardware you guys do to be labeled reseller.

Sure you utilize the last mile, but at the end of the day, it's your hardware right up to the last mile. You can't just call a company a reseller that has the setup you do. If that were the case, and should you argue it, i'd advise you guys to advertise this on your site to better inform customers that you are just a reseller.

I run a medium sized business of which several customers resell my services, they sure as heck don't invest except their monthly bills

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to kovy7
said by kovy7:

While I'm fixated on ratings... you're fixated on complaining post. It's only normal to have more complaining post when your numbers of customer grows.

I think you just answered your own question as you bring up the rating system on DSLR when you asked everyone to check Bells rating compared to Teksavvy.

There are far more happy customers with bell vs unhappy unfortunately, that's why they're still successful (i hate it, but what can i do about it?) I do not think reimbursing customers is the answer, i think fighting bell through the CRTC for better regulations is the answer. Getting an SLA would be a great step in the right direction.

kovy7

said by Tx:

said by kovy7:

While I'm fixated on ratings... you're fixated on complaining post. It's only normal to have more complaining post when your numbers of customer grows.

I think you just answered your own question as you bring up the rating system on DSLR when you asked everyone to check Bells rating compared to Teksavvy.

There are far more happy customers with bell vs unhappy unfortunately, that's why they're still successful (i hate it, but what can i do about it?) I do not think reimbursing customers is the answer, i think fighting bell through the CRTC for better regulations is the answer. Getting an SLA would be a great step in the right direction.

Bell is almost nation wide... also offers all 4 service... People in general don't really trust wholesales, some may have never heard of them because there's no add or are kind of new.

vag16v

join:2001-07-27
hereandthere
reply to LondonOntGuy
3rd party groups who are exercising their right to sell their own service over the Bell infrastructure are always going to have a tough time dealing with Bell.
Bell never wanted it, still doesn't.. but is forced to allow it.
They're forever going to make the 3rd parties follow every rule to the "T".
So every rule they have in place, is going to have to be adhered to and people at the opposite end won't fully understand or care when it affects them.
It must be frustrating for businesses like TS when they hit that point where they are almost powerless to do much but wait.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

I bet if I had ordered this install through Bell, they'd be over right away, with little to no BS involved.

Plenty of delays, waits and no-shows for Bell customers too.
Expand your moderator at work

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Hey LondonOntGuy,

I'm just reading through this thread. I know you're frustrated with it all.. I'm trying to look at all of this from an objective point of view to see what we could have done differently. I don't know that I've read every post and maybe you already explained it but can you tell me you're thoughts on what we could do differently? What we could have done to avoid this perhaps?

Not really sure anything could have been done. At the very least, Bell should have told you they just weren't going to bother giving me service. The line they fed you about it "being lost in the system" is hogwash. Then being told it would be what was essentially another week before another attempt could be made, that's what pushed me over the edge and made me fly into a nerd rage. Another attempt the next day or even Friday would have been more acceptable.

I could maybe understand if this were the beginning or start of the month, when people generally get this set up, but how many could there be in Sudbury getting a new phone install on November 21? I doubt very many at all.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Yeah, I agree. why another week.. I'll check with Andre to see what the logic was with that...

for the "lost in the system" part.. I don't know either but I do know that a month or so ago we had another client here on DSLr.. IIgs I think it was.. who had something "lost in the system".. and it really was a system thing that was messed up.. the higher ups at Bell finally chased it down and it appears to be fixed now..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
said by TSI Marc:

.. who had something "lost in the system".. and it really was a system thing that was messed up.. the higher ups at Bell finally chased it down and it appears to be fixed now..

That would be the "Indie Orders Circular File".

rdoo

join:2012-11-09
reply to TSI Marc
Although Teksavvy remedied the situation with credits to my account, I still feel that they do not go up to bat for customers who are willing to back them. I too received the "lost in the system" excuse, in the end that's no concern to the customers; we just want YOU to resolve it or at least put the necessary pressure on the incumbents to resolve. And to believe and justify that "it really was a system thing" just proves that Teksavvy will just roll over when situations like these occur.

With the frequent occurrences of these situations, why is Teksavvy so quick to accept the excuses and expect it to be all ok with the customers? Complain, push for changes, do everything to make a stink about what the customers are having to put up with. We just want to know that you're up to bat for us! You're on our side aren't you?
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to rdoo

said by rdoo:

Although Teksavvy remedied the situation with credits to my account, I still feel that they do not go up to bat for customers who are willing to back them. I too received the "lost in the system" excuse, in the end that's no concern to the customers; we just want YOU to resolve it or at least put the necessary pressure on the incumbents to resolve. And to believe and justify that "it really was a system thing" just proves that Teksavvy will just roll over when situations like these occur.

With the frequent occurrences of these situations, why is Teksavvy so quick to accept the excuses and expect it to be all ok with the customers? Complain, push for changes, do everything to make a stink about what the customers are having to put up with. We just want to know that you're up to bat for us! You're on our side aren't you?

Hi rdoo,

Could you please PM me your account info... I would like to use your example along side with LondonOntGuy's so I can find out what causes these things to happen in the first place and what we can do to prevent them.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to LondonOntGuy
LondonOntGuy,

I have my team doing a full investigation into what happened. I want to know exactly what happened; you mentioned we hung up on you, I want to know if that happened or not and why if it did. And if we can take something to Bell to look into.. we will. Why it got caught in the "system"..

My understanding is that you had to travel back and that the service is now cancelled but either way, if there is something to learn from this, we'll find it.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

harmar

join:2011-05-25
reply to LondonOntGuy
so then how come whenever there is a problem it is "oh rogers/bell is evil they the problem, lets grab our pitchforks and laterns and storm the building"
but when thousands of installs go fine we never see "Hey guys, want to let you know that rogers and bell is doing an AMAZING job supporting us by setting up all these accounts. Let's congratulate rogers and take out their CEO for beers!"

Perma

join:2011-12-20
reply to LondonOntGuy
I give a lot of credit to TSI, where else do you see the CEO of a company giving personal support?

My only problem with Teksavvy, which still pisses me off beyond belief to this day is that I ordered a docsis2 modem last year from you because it was all that was listed at the time. The day I get the modem(hadn't even opened it yet), you up the speeds and say I need a docsis 3 modem to receive the correct speeds on the package I'm paying for. I emailed, and contacted TSI on facebook and was moreless told to bad. I didn't want a free modem, all I wanted was to return the unopened docsis2 and pay the difference for a docsis3. Now I've been experiencing lag for over a week and it may have to do with the docsis2 modem I'm stuck with.

Again, I think TSI is a great company with nice people, but your procedures can be horrible and still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I posted