TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

2 edits

TSI Marc to kovy7

Premium Member

to kovy7

Re: Teksavvy - What the hell has happened to you guys?

I think our rating went down because for about a year, mid way through last year up to mid way through this year we were just less good. Many reasons for it.. Not trying to rehash that.

Today though, we are certainly pulling all the stops and pushing all the buttons to own every single experience. We have wait time issues that are still impacting things that we have a plan to solve soon. And there are new realities that just were not there 5 years ago... Just think of all the upgrades the incumbents are doing and how much that has caused all sorts of problems. Even Bell Technical solutions.. They've hired thousands of new staff.. Those are the ones doing installs and repairs now.. All this change impacts us in ways that were not there before.

I don't see our size as the primary factor in all of this. We did have to deal with a number of issues but as soon as our attention was again turned to the customer experience, you can almost instantly see where the issues are coming from. We're not perfect.. We have to work out some kinks still but none of those kinks will make a field tech show up on time... Or prevent a PIE...

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
said by Tx:

I think you need to understand the meaning of reseller... TSI isn't a reseller

Actually..... if we base our self on the reason the OP posted in the first place, it was for phone. And TSI is a reseller for POTS. We wholesale DSL/Cable for internet. So his comment is actually correct in this case.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I think our rating went down because for about a year, mid way through last year up to mid way through this year we were just less good. Many reasons for it.. Not trying to rehash that.

Today though, we are certainly pulling all the stops and pushing all the buttons to own every single experience. We have wait time issues that are still impacting things that we have a plan to solve soon. And there are new realities that just were not there 5 years ago... Just think of all the upgrades the incumbents are doing and how much that has caused all sorts of problems. Even Bell Technical solutions.. They've hired thousands of new staff.. Those are the ones doing installs and repairs now.. All this change impacts us in ways that were not there before.

I don't see our size as the primary factor in all of this. We did have to deal with a number of issues but as soon as our attention was again turned to the customer experience, you can almost instantly see where the issues are coming from. We're not perfect.. We have to work out some kinks still but none of those kinks will make a field tech show up on time... Or prevent a PIE...

I agree, it does impact. Adding cable to the mix was also a new thing.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

yep. Cable had everything to do with everything in the last year and a half. Double edged sword. Read my evolution of access blog pretty much.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to JenSuisUn

Premium Member

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

said by Tx:

I think you need to understand the meaning of reseller... TSI isn't a reseller

Actually..... if we base our self on the reason the OP posted in the first place, it was for phone. And TSI is a reseller for POTS. We wholesale DSL/Cable for internet. So his comment is actually correct in this case.

I disagree. Reseller is what you offer to customers to resell your service (Though your POTS is resold yes no equipment required) but your wholesale side changes what Teksavvy is. You don't invest in the hardware you guys do to be labeled reseller.

Sure you utilize the last mile, but at the end of the day, it's your hardware right up to the last mile. You can't just call a company a reseller that has the setup you do. If that were the case, and should you argue it, i'd advise you guys to advertise this on your site to better inform customers that you are just a reseller.

I run a medium sized business of which several customers resell my services, they sure as heck don't invest except their monthly bills
Tx

Tx to kovy7

Premium Member

to kovy7
said by kovy7:

While I'm fixated on ratings... you're fixated on complaining post. It's only normal to have more complaining post when your numbers of customer grows.

I think you just answered your own question as you bring up the rating system on DSLR when you asked everyone to check Bells rating compared to Teksavvy.

There are far more happy customers with bell vs unhappy unfortunately, that's why they're still successful (i hate it, but what can i do about it?) I do not think reimbursing customers is the answer, i think fighting bell through the CRTC for better regulations is the answer. Getting an SLA would be a great step in the right direction.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by Tx:

said by kovy7:

While I'm fixated on ratings... you're fixated on complaining post. It's only normal to have more complaining post when your numbers of customer grows.

I think you just answered your own question as you bring up the rating system on DSLR when you asked everyone to check Bells rating compared to Teksavvy.

There are far more happy customers with bell vs unhappy unfortunately, that's why they're still successful (i hate it, but what can i do about it?) I do not think reimbursing customers is the answer, i think fighting bell through the CRTC for better regulations is the answer. Getting an SLA would be a great step in the right direction.

Bell is almost nation wide... also offers all 4 service... People in general don't really trust wholesales, some may have never heard of them because there's no add or are kind of new.
vag16v
join:2001-07-27
hereandthere

vag16v to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
3rd party groups who are exercising their right to sell their own service over the Bell infrastructure are always going to have a tough time dealing with Bell.
Bell never wanted it, still doesn't.. but is forced to allow it.
They're forever going to make the 3rd parties follow every rule to the "T".
So every rule they have in place, is going to have to be adhered to and people at the opposite end won't fully understand or care when it affects them.
It must be frustrating for businesses like TS when they hit that point where they are almost powerless to do much but wait.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

I bet if I had ordered this install through Bell, they'd be over right away, with little to no BS involved.

Plenty of delays, waits and no-shows for Bell customers too.
Expand your moderator at work
LondonOntGuy
join:2004-05-12
London, ON

1 edit

LondonOntGuy to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Hey LondonOntGuy,

I'm just reading through this thread. I know you're frustrated with it all.. I'm trying to look at all of this from an objective point of view to see what we could have done differently. I don't know that I've read every post and maybe you already explained it but can you tell me you're thoughts on what we could do differently? What we could have done to avoid this perhaps?

Not really sure anything could have been done. At the very least, Bell should have told you they just weren't going to bother giving me service. The line they fed you about it "being lost in the system" is hogwash. Then being told it would be what was essentially another week before another attempt could be made, that's what pushed me over the edge and made me fly into a nerd rage. Another attempt the next day or even Friday would have been more acceptable.

I could maybe understand if this were the beginning or start of the month, when people generally get this set up, but how many could there be in Sudbury getting a new phone install on November 21? I doubt very many at all.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Yeah, I agree. why another week.. I'll check with Andre to see what the logic was with that...

for the "lost in the system" part.. I don't know either but I do know that a month or so ago we had another client here on DSLr.. IIgs I think it was.. who had something "lost in the system".. and it really was a system thing that was messed up.. the higher ups at Bell finally chased it down and it appears to be fixed now..
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

.. who had something "lost in the system".. and it really was a system thing that was messed up.. the higher ups at Bell finally chased it down and it appears to be fixed now..

That would be the "Indie Orders Circular File".
rdoo
join:2012-11-09

rdoo to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Although Teksavvy remedied the situation with credits to my account, I still feel that they do not go up to bat for customers who are willing to back them. I too received the "lost in the system" excuse, in the end that's no concern to the customers; we just want YOU to resolve it or at least put the necessary pressure on the incumbents to resolve. And to believe and justify that "it really was a system thing" just proves that Teksavvy will just roll over when situations like these occur.

With the frequent occurrences of these situations, why is Teksavvy so quick to accept the excuses and expect it to be all ok with the customers? Complain, push for changes, do everything to make a stink about what the customers are having to put up with. We just want to know that you're up to bat for us! You're on our side aren't you?
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to rdoo

Premium Member

to rdoo

said by rdoo:

Although Teksavvy remedied the situation with credits to my account, I still feel that they do not go up to bat for customers who are willing to back them. I too received the "lost in the system" excuse, in the end that's no concern to the customers; we just want YOU to resolve it or at least put the necessary pressure on the incumbents to resolve. And to believe and justify that "it really was a system thing" just proves that Teksavvy will just roll over when situations like these occur.

With the frequent occurrences of these situations, why is Teksavvy so quick to accept the excuses and expect it to be all ok with the customers? Complain, push for changes, do everything to make a stink about what the customers are having to put up with. We just want to know that you're up to bat for us! You're on our side aren't you?

Hi rdoo,

Could you please PM me your account info... I would like to use your example along side with LondonOntGuy's so I can find out what causes these things to happen in the first place and what we can do to prevent them.

Thanks,

Andre

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to LondonOntGuy

Premium Member

to LondonOntGuy
LondonOntGuy,

I have my team doing a full investigation into what happened. I want to know exactly what happened; you mentioned we hung up on you, I want to know if that happened or not and why if it did. And if we can take something to Bell to look into.. we will. Why it got caught in the "system"..

My understanding is that you had to travel back and that the service is now cancelled but either way, if there is something to learn from this, we'll find it.
harmar
join:2011-05-25

harmar to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
so then how come whenever there is a problem it is "oh rogers/bell is evil they the problem, lets grab our pitchforks and laterns and storm the building"
but when thousands of installs go fine we never see "Hey guys, want to let you know that rogers and bell is doing an AMAZING job supporting us by setting up all these accounts. Let's congratulate rogers and take out their CEO for beers!"

Perma
join:2011-12-20

Perma to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
I give a lot of credit to TSI, where else do you see the CEO of a company giving personal support?

My only problem with Teksavvy, which still pisses me off beyond belief to this day is that I ordered a docsis2 modem last year from you because it was all that was listed at the time. The day I get the modem(hadn't even opened it yet), you up the speeds and say I need a docsis 3 modem to receive the correct speeds on the package I'm paying for. I emailed, and contacted TSI on facebook and was moreless told to bad. I didn't want a free modem, all I wanted was to return the unopened docsis2 and pay the difference for a docsis3. Now I've been experiencing lag for over a week and it may have to do with the docsis2 modem I'm stuck with.

Again, I think TSI is a great company with nice people, but your procedures can be horrible and still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I posted

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to harmar

Premium Member

to harmar
said by harmar:

so then how come whenever there is a problem it is "oh rogers/bell is evil they the problem, lets grab our pitchforks and laterns and storm the building"
but when thousands of installs go fine we never see "Hey guys, want to let you know that rogers and bell is doing an AMAZING job supporting us by setting up all these accounts. Let's congratulate rogers and take out their CEO for beers!"

because well it is rogers/bell... it's simple as that... it sadly cannot get any clearer. Only part that Teksavvy has control over from them to the POI. Last mile is by regulation Bell/Rogers. Teksavvy even if they won the lotto and could invest $25,000,000 in to their own trucks and techs couldn't touch homes

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz to LondonOntGuy

Premium Member

to LondonOntGuy
said by harmar:

A study proves that on average, twice as many people are told about a bad experience vs. a good one. A lot of times when someone will complain about a bad experience with us, we try and provide an explanation, which in turn can be read as blame. I can only speak for myself here, but my intent is never to point the finger but to provide the customer with a completely transparent reason as to what happened. We rely on Rogers and Bell, and when they drop on an install, we drop the ball on the install. It is not about taking away the heat off of us, because either way it's there.

When everything goes as planned in general with companies, they are meeting expectation, not exceeding it. Teksavvy pays Rogers and Bell for the installs, and we hope and expect them to deliver it on the date they confirm it for. If they do not, it clearly affects and reflects on our customer service and then threads like this begin. Personally, If I didn't appreciate a business, I wouldn't be giving them money every month. I think that's how most customers show their appreciation, even if it isn't vocally written.
LondonOntGuy
join:2004-05-12
London, ON

LondonOntGuy

Why wasn't even Saturday an option for me? I'm pretty sure it was a Saturday when I 'moved' and got my services moved from one apt to the other. (i moved down the hall into a larger unit)

QA
@videotron.ca

QA to TSILiz

Anon

to TSILiz
TSI-Liz,

I'm curious.

Does Teksavvy have stats they can share with us to break down service failures?

For example:
The percentage of no-show techs
The percentage of wrong info give
etc

In other words, does TSI have any quality metrics or stats that they can share with us.

ty.

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz to LondonOntGuy

Premium Member

to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

Why wasn't even Saturday an option for me? I'm pretty sure it was a Saturday when I 'moved' and got my services moved from one apt to the other. (i moved down the hall into a larger unit)

We can ask for Saturday installs but they are hard to come by and usually have to be booked at least 1 week in advance. In your specific case, we couldn't reschedule for the next day as you were traveling back to London. So a reschedule seems out if question based on what you said on your calls to us.

xbell
@cgocable.net

xbell to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Even Bell Technical solutions.. They've hired thousands of new staff.. Those are the ones doing installs and repairs now..

Someone at BCE is feeding you a line of BS. Bell Technical Solutions (BTS) has not hired thousands of new techs. Maybe a few hundred net if that over the last 5 years. They do have such a high turnover that they can spin the statistics that way. The real reason for the no-shows is the competency of their techs and the managerial structure of BTS.

Read this screwed up labour law case on how things are run over there. »www.canlii.org/eliisa/hi ··· 468.html

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Tx for that link. Didn't know if it was mass hires or what.. but you're highlighting my point though that competency is an issue which is what I was referring to...
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to xbell

Premium Member

to xbell
Wow, just skimmed that link. Unreal.

xbell
@cgocable.net

xbell

Anon

said by TSI Marc:

Wow, just skimmed that link. Unreal.

It's quite amusing to read....that is unless you rely on them to provision your customers circuits. Remember these guys are the face of your company to some extent.

anonymousss
@start.ca

anonymousss to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
Thats why some of us place a high value on anonymity in the digital age.