uniqs
share rss forum feed
Expand your moderator at work

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Teksavvy - What the hell has happened to you guys?

said by TSI Marc:

Hey LondonOntGuy,

I'm just reading through this thread. I know you're frustrated with it all.. I'm trying to look at all of this from an objective point of view to see what we could have done differently. I don't know that I've read every post and maybe you already explained it but can you tell me you're thoughts on what we could do differently? What we could have done to avoid this perhaps?

Not really sure anything could have been done. At the very least, Bell should have told you they just weren't going to bother giving me service. The line they fed you about it "being lost in the system" is hogwash. Then being told it would be what was essentially another week before another attempt could be made, that's what pushed me over the edge and made me fly into a nerd rage. Another attempt the next day or even Friday would have been more acceptable.

I could maybe understand if this were the beginning or start of the month, when people generally get this set up, but how many could there be in Sudbury getting a new phone install on November 21? I doubt very many at all.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
Yeah, I agree. why another week.. I'll check with Andre to see what the logic was with that...

for the "lost in the system" part.. I don't know either but I do know that a month or so ago we had another client here on DSLr.. IIgs I think it was.. who had something "lost in the system".. and it really was a system thing that was messed up.. the higher ups at Bell finally chased it down and it appears to be fixed now..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
said by TSI Marc:

.. who had something "lost in the system".. and it really was a system thing that was messed up.. the higher ups at Bell finally chased it down and it appears to be fixed now..

That would be the "Indie Orders Circular File".

rdoo

join:2012-11-09
reply to TSI Marc
Although Teksavvy remedied the situation with credits to my account, I still feel that they do not go up to bat for customers who are willing to back them. I too received the "lost in the system" excuse, in the end that's no concern to the customers; we just want YOU to resolve it or at least put the necessary pressure on the incumbents to resolve. And to believe and justify that "it really was a system thing" just proves that Teksavvy will just roll over when situations like these occur.

With the frequent occurrences of these situations, why is Teksavvy so quick to accept the excuses and expect it to be all ok with the customers? Complain, push for changes, do everything to make a stink about what the customers are having to put up with. We just want to know that you're up to bat for us! You're on our side aren't you?
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to rdoo

Re: Teksavvy - What the hell has happened to you guys?

said by rdoo:

Although Teksavvy remedied the situation with credits to my account, I still feel that they do not go up to bat for customers who are willing to back them. I too received the "lost in the system" excuse, in the end that's no concern to the customers; we just want YOU to resolve it or at least put the necessary pressure on the incumbents to resolve. And to believe and justify that "it really was a system thing" just proves that Teksavvy will just roll over when situations like these occur.

With the frequent occurrences of these situations, why is Teksavvy so quick to accept the excuses and expect it to be all ok with the customers? Complain, push for changes, do everything to make a stink about what the customers are having to put up with. We just want to know that you're up to bat for us! You're on our side aren't you?

Hi rdoo,

Could you please PM me your account info... I would like to use your example along side with LondonOntGuy's so I can find out what causes these things to happen in the first place and what we can do to prevent them.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to LondonOntGuy
LondonOntGuy,

I have my team doing a full investigation into what happened. I want to know exactly what happened; you mentioned we hung up on you, I want to know if that happened or not and why if it did. And if we can take something to Bell to look into.. we will. Why it got caught in the "system"..

My understanding is that you had to travel back and that the service is now cancelled but either way, if there is something to learn from this, we'll find it.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

harmar

join:2011-05-25
reply to LondonOntGuy
so then how come whenever there is a problem it is "oh rogers/bell is evil they the problem, lets grab our pitchforks and laterns and storm the building"
but when thousands of installs go fine we never see "Hey guys, want to let you know that rogers and bell is doing an AMAZING job supporting us by setting up all these accounts. Let's congratulate rogers and take out their CEO for beers!"

Perma

join:2011-12-20
reply to LondonOntGuy
I give a lot of credit to TSI, where else do you see the CEO of a company giving personal support?

My only problem with Teksavvy, which still pisses me off beyond belief to this day is that I ordered a docsis2 modem last year from you because it was all that was listed at the time. The day I get the modem(hadn't even opened it yet), you up the speeds and say I need a docsis 3 modem to receive the correct speeds on the package I'm paying for. I emailed, and contacted TSI on facebook and was moreless told to bad. I didn't want a free modem, all I wanted was to return the unopened docsis2 and pay the difference for a docsis3. Now I've been experiencing lag for over a week and it may have to do with the docsis2 modem I'm stuck with.

Again, I think TSI is a great company with nice people, but your procedures can be horrible and still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I posted

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to harmar
said by harmar:

so then how come whenever there is a problem it is "oh rogers/bell is evil they the problem, lets grab our pitchforks and laterns and storm the building"
but when thousands of installs go fine we never see "Hey guys, want to let you know that rogers and bell is doing an AMAZING job supporting us by setting up all these accounts. Let's congratulate rogers and take out their CEO for beers!"

because well it is rogers/bell... it's simple as that... it sadly cannot get any clearer. Only part that Teksavvy has control over from them to the POI. Last mile is by regulation Bell/Rogers. Teksavvy even if they won the lotto and could invest $25,000,000 in to their own trucks and techs couldn't touch homes

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to LondonOntGuy
said by harmar:

A study proves that on average, twice as many people are told about a bad experience vs. a good one. A lot of times when someone will complain about a bad experience with us, we try and provide an explanation, which in turn can be read as blame. I can only speak for myself here, but my intent is never to point the finger but to provide the customer with a completely transparent reason as to what happened. We rely on Rogers and Bell, and when they drop on an install, we drop the ball on the install. It is not about taking away the heat off of us, because either way it's there.

When everything goes as planned in general with companies, they are meeting expectation, not exceeding it. Teksavvy pays Rogers and Bell for the installs, and we hope and expect them to deliver it on the date they confirm it for. If they do not, it clearly affects and reflects on our customer service and then threads like this begin. Personally, If I didn't appreciate a business, I wouldn't be giving them money every month. I think that's how most customers show their appreciation, even if it isn't vocally written.

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON
Why wasn't even Saturday an option for me? I'm pretty sure it was a Saturday when I 'moved' and got my services moved from one apt to the other. (i moved down the hall into a larger unit)

QA

@videotron.ca
reply to TSILiz
TSI-Liz,

I'm curious.

Does Teksavvy have stats they can share with us to break down service failures?

For example:
The percentage of no-show techs
The percentage of wrong info give
etc

In other words, does TSI have any quality metrics or stats that they can share with us.

ty.

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

Why wasn't even Saturday an option for me? I'm pretty sure it was a Saturday when I 'moved' and got my services moved from one apt to the other. (i moved down the hall into a larger unit)

We can ask for Saturday installs but they are hard to come by and usually have to be booked at least 1 week in advance. In your specific case, we couldn't reschedule for the next day as you were traveling back to London. So a reschedule seems out if question based on what you said on your calls to us.

xbell

@cgocable.net
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Even Bell Technical solutions.. They've hired thousands of new staff.. Those are the ones doing installs and repairs now..

Someone at BCE is feeding you a line of BS. Bell Technical Solutions (BTS) has not hired thousands of new techs. Maybe a few hundred net if that over the last 5 years. They do have such a high turnover that they can spin the statistics that way. The real reason for the no-shows is the competency of their techs and the managerial structure of BTS.

Read this screwed up labour law case on how things are run over there. »www.canlii.org/eliisa/highlight.···468.html

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Tx for that link. Didn't know if it was mass hires or what.. but you're highlighting my point though that competency is an issue which is what I was referring to...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to xbell
Wow, just skimmed that link. Unreal.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

xbell

@cgocable.net
said by TSI Marc:

Wow, just skimmed that link. Unreal.

It's quite amusing to read....that is unless you rely on them to provision your customers circuits. Remember these guys are the face of your company to some extent.

anonymousss

@start.ca
reply to TSI Marc
Thats why some of us place a high value on anonymity in the digital age.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
reply to LondonOntGuy
That was not amusing to read that people are upset and or urked to the point they need to make fb posts about NOR is is professional of that manager to be such an inappropriate idiot.

Yep, thats bell.

--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

xbell

@cgocable.net
said by zacron:

Yep, thats bell.

Correction. That's Bell Technical Solutions for you.

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

LondonOntGuy,

I have my team doing a full investigation into what happened. I want to know exactly what happened; you mentioned we hung up on you, I want to know if that happened or not and why if it did. And if we can take something to Bell to look into.. we will. Why it got caught in the "system"..

My understanding is that you had to travel back and that the service is now cancelled but either way, if there is something to learn from this, we'll find it.

I am glad you are looking into it. This seems to be TSI's biggest Achilles heal right now.

It can't be underestimated how a sour install experience can set the tone for customer experience down the line even if the issue is resolved. Certainly my 5 year journey to switch to TSI and then ditch both expressvu and eventually my landline started with a multi week delay in my Bell DSL install. While my experience soured me on Bell. The dynamic for TSI is likely the same. Install nightmares weaken customer loyalty (possibly forever) and scare away new customers. Threads like this certainly give people pause to jump TSI because "if it ain't broke, why fix it" even if it costs more.

The fundamental problem is that beyond information giving, TSI doesn't have control of the installation process but is responsible to the customer for the install experience. As far as I can tell if an install is botched by an incumbent the only consequence is that it gets rescheduled.

Philosophically the solution lies in greater consequences to the incumbents when things go wrong. Even if the the incumbent is working in good faith, stronger consequences will motivate faster reform.

I'm not really in a position to know how this could best be done in the real world. Can TSI take this to the CRTC? Ask for penalties when the same problems reoccur? Be able to pass along charges to the incumbents for lost customers due to bad installs? Civil court? I imagine the difficulty with these options is that any good faith between companies would be lost and could backfire in the end.

In a good faith situation some practical solutions would include shorter install windows, courtesy calls from either TSI or the tech when an install is cancelled / missed, phone calls post install to see if the install completed, proactive call to reschedule an appointment when it's clear an appointment won't be kept. When scheduling appointments TSI should clearly encourage customers to book install days on a day when they would ordinarily be home rather than take time off work. As well, installs should be offered 7 days a week to accomdiate those who only work week days. I realize much of this is not solely at TSI's discretion but it could be an end goal.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
said by graniterock:

In a good faith situation some practical solutions would include shorter install windows, courtesy calls from either TSI or the tech when an install is cancelled / missed, phone calls post install to see if the install completed, proactive call to reschedule an appointment when it's clear an appointment won't be kept.

Big mistake in allowing Bell to contact indie customers directly.

Bell techs should be calling the indie to confirm appointments, misses, and problems. Indies should be the ones communicating with the customer at all times. Yes, that may mean some telephone tag, but at least that way the indie can faithfully record all calls from Bell techs (ie. dedicated number for Bell techs to call) and to be able to document all interaction with Bell for chargebacks to Bell.

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
said by MaynardKrebs:

said by graniterock:

In a good faith situation some practical solutions would include shorter install windows, courtesy calls from either TSI or the tech when an install is cancelled / missed, phone calls post install to see if the install completed, proactive call to reschedule an appointment when it's clear an appointment won't be kept.

Big mistake in allowing Bell to contact indie customers directly.

Bell techs should be calling the indie to confirm appointments, misses, and problems. Indies should be the ones communicating with the customer at all times. Yes, that may mean some telephone tag, but at least that way the indie can faithfully record all calls from Bell techs (ie. dedicated number for Bell techs to call) and to be able to document all interaction with Bell for chargebacks to Bell.

Yeah, that be great for Bell tech to wait 50min for indie to answer the line...

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
we could setup a direct line
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

reply to graniterock
So, I looked into it all. I listened to 3 or 4 calls.

I listened to the one where the call dropped. It dropped mid sentence.. it doesn't seem intentional but we'll follow up to see exactly how that happened. Our agent was not impolite or rude in any way on the call (or any of the calls).

Overall I think this is a simple case that the tech didn't show (we'll follow up to try to see why that is). And rescheduling wasn't an option because the OP had to leave town.

We cancelled it at his request..

We may well be on the hook for costs as a result. I'm trying
to figure that out still.

We did give the OP a full refund but the info provided on the phone at the time was that he would only get a partial refund.

I think this is an area where we need to look into more closely to understand what happens in those cases. Bell clearly missed the appointment. Should we be allowed to cancel it with no costs to us in those instances? what exactly happens? I need to dig into this further.

It does seem to me that anytime everybody commits to an appointment, everybody needs to show up.. if they dont it really buggers things up on every front.

There are other instances where the techs dont need access to the site and can still get it running. What are those instances? Why couldn't we just tell bell to hook the service and if there was inside wiring issues that the OP would take care of it some other way?

In the end, when listening to the calls, our staff did what they could.. there's not much in the way of troubleshooting that can be done. So this is really a case of bad timing. The OP needed to book it back out of town and the tech didn't show.

Wait times for tech support may also have contributed to frustration, not sure but that one we know about and we're in the process of hiring/training. Twenty staff start their month long training tomorrow and we're interviewing in Gatineau for another twenty bodies.

For our relationship with Bell. I would say its improving. We do have their ear and they are committing to work with us. We have already seen results and Pierre and I have been meeting regularly with them. We have direct people we can contact to look into situations if we need. This may not mean that we have the ability to have somebody go back out the same day if something is messed up but it does mean that the root causes of why things are going on are being looked into when we raise the issues up to them.

For the OP, I'm sorry it wasn't setup on time. I know how frustrating that can be especially when you're on a tight schedule. I PM'd you a suggestion about setting up a temp TekTalk service that you could essentially take with you wherever you go as a possible compromise until you're there full time. Either way, we're prepared to work with you to help however we can.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to kovy7
said by kovy7:

Yeah, that be great for Bell tech to wait 50min for indie to answer the line...

Bell does that to us all the time. I've sat 45 minutes regularly on the wholesale queues. One time, I called in at 4pm, sat until 5pm when I was unceremoniously dumped because it was the end of the day.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

Bhruic

join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I think this is an area where we need to look into more closely to understand what happens in those cases. Bell clearly missed the appointment. Should we be allowed to cancel it with no costs to us in those instances? what exactly happens? I need to dig into this further.

You absolutely should be allowed to. It's a situation with dual agreements - one between you and the customer, and one between you and Bell. Your ability to deliever on your agreement with the customer is predicated on Bell's ability to deliver on theirs. If they don't do what they've agreed to do, why should you be required to pay them anything?

As long as they can continue to act in this way and still get paid despite not doing their jobs, there's no incentive for them to improve.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Agreed.