spc
uniqs

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to Santa Fe

to Santa Fe

Re: sortofMIA

Oh, poor little round with very short legs Chigger would fall over! Not funny, Train. Not funny!
Sunny

5 recommendations

Sunny

Chigger's Belly several years ago

This pic doesn't show how round she actually became. She has blue eyes, which usually photograph as red demon eyes, not sure how we got that color in this photo. She is half Siamese (or similar) and would be pointed if she were not so fat. We are seeing that start to come out as she diets, no pics yet.

Chigger's mother

One of Chigger's sisters

Chigger - Perfect Fit?

Chauncey looks on in awe over yet another Chigger messcapade. Chig has always acted quickly and then wondered "how did that happen?"

Baby Chig under the piano bench

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

3 recommendations

Icarus

Mod

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

onDvine to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Great pictures! All the kitty bellies say, "rub me!"

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 recommendation

Sunny

Yes, most of the time. The diabetic kitty we had to say our farewells to very recently, Miss Midget, was an exception. She would show off her belly, but you needed heavy skin protection gear if you wanted to try out that "rub me" theory. She was a ... carefully and only if I give you the nod ... gently rub me behind the ears kitty, but keep your mitts off my belly girl.

To gain permission, you had to offer your hand and let her inspect. Depending on her mood, she would either finally rub the side of her head on your hand or attempt to bite it. You needed to be very quick to brave this. I loved that kitty, but she was probably the most diabolical feline friend I have ever had.

She developed diabetes. Because of her age and nature, she is the one we chose to manage with a low carb diet. Vet said we won and did an amazing job, so that can definitely work.

Anyway, here is the Midget belly before she took off about four pounds (18 to 14) on a large frame kitty. Not bad, really.

Midge Belly - Inviting? Think again!

She really knew how to fill up the bed!

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

1 edit

onDvine

Premium Member

I meant they were (apparently) available to be rubbed by the photographer. Would never touch without becoming acquainted and certain of welcome.

I'm sorry about your loss of Miss Midget. Our Bubbles is 17. She's been diabetic since 2003 except for a few months early in 2007 and since September 10 of this year. Not worrying about hypoglycemic episodes is great while it lasts. Achieving control through diet eliminated that concern for you.

Edit: Upon rereading your comments, I suspect Miss Midget's tummy rubbing rules applied to the photographer and you weren't telling me what I thought you were.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 edit

1 recommendation

Sunny

Oh, absolutely. I would never even think to question your wisdom about our furry friends.

I also know I am not telling you anything you don't know that these feline friends of ours are just as individual as we humanoids are. As soon as one thinks they know how we will respond, based on their knowledge of other humans, we'll surprise them.

I'm just introducing Miss Midget who pretty much always defied anyone's idea of how a feline might behave in a given situation, but I know you know all about that kind of contradiction.