spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JasonChll

@sbcglobal.net

Problems repointing hugesnet gen4

How do you repoint a peak a gen4 after its already active on the account. Was looking for the page with coordinates for pointing.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

192.168.0.1, then click on the little "I" icon near the top center. If I recall, you enter your lat/lon in decimal format (GPS coordinates are best) - but the ones the installer used are probably already in there. Correct if necessary, then click NEXT. I think that puts you on the signal strength page.

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012

stardust3

join:2012-09-08
united state
reply to JasonChll

Accurate gps coordinates are extremely important. It determines what beam you're on & also calculates the distance from your dish to satellite during ranging for proper output. Unless your an installer with access to the hughes portal & ovt there is no way to tell if you've properly tuned your dish. If having a problem it would be best to go through hughes tech support. There is a high likelihood your system is still under warranty. If moving dish to another location your current coordinates will likely throw a flag during registration & not let you go any further.