Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia

1 edit
reply to armed

Re:  

said by armed:

said by Steve:

Yep. The problem above is that the Dude has mischaracterized the threat (claiming it's a Facebook issue), which makes him less safe because he's not addressing the real issue.

Sometimes I think a more appropriate name for this particular forum is "Security Misinformation". Between the paranoids and the ax grinders there is a lot of crap on here.

"mischaracterized" and "sometimes".....perhaps you want to post exactly what you perceive.

"Paranoids and axe grinders". I find when people boil what occurs here down to such statements the false perceptions tend to override any real purpose of debate for some.
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:18
reply to FF4m3

Re: Facebook - Users No Longer Have A Say In Its Privacy Rules

Not until you manage your way around Facebook's privacy settings.
Fanboi ? No - It does what it's supposed to do (°°) ooq

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:18
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to FF4m3
Privacy groups ask Facebook to withdraw proposed policy changes
quote:
(Reuters) - Two privacy advocacy groups urged Facebook Inc on Monday to withdraw proposed changes to its terms of service that would allow the company to share user data with recently acquired photo-application Instagram, eliminate a user voting system and loosen email restrictions within the social network.

The changes, which Facebook unveiled on Wednesday, raise privacy risks for users and violate the company's previous commitments to its roughly 1 billion members, according to the Electronic Privacy Information Center and the Center for Digital Democracy.
Article