Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to I_H8_Spam

Re: 11/20 - Planetside 2 launches

I was surprised to spawn at a sunderer. seems it has replaced the AMS.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Sunderers are the "new" AMS in PS2, you need to spend 50 cert points to unlock the mobile spawn point. And you can only have 1 deployed within 200m of each other.

However it's a great way to move the front, often in a night there will be a call for the squad to "redeploy" on a freshly parked sunderer to reinforce a gap, or exploit a weakness. Again this is outfit play, random puggers do as they please.

--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

Rogue Wolf
Mourns the Loss of lilhurricane

join:2003-08-12
Troy, NY
reply to Kearnstd

said by Kearnstd:

Yeah, it seems that once a Sunderer is deployed, it serves as a spawn point. I don't think the same holds if it's mobile.

Captured some game footage today! Some good, some bad. All very shooty. Unfortunately the game runs kind of sluggishly even without taxing my GPU or CPU very much. There's supposed to be new drivers from nVidia for the game, though, so I'll have to check that out.
--
I may have been born yesterday, but I've spent all afternoon downtown.

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

1 edit

said by Rogue Wolf:

said by Kearnstd:

Yeah, it seems that once a Sunderer is deployed, it serves as a spawn point. I don't think the same holds if it's mobile.

Sundy's can only spawn when locked down with "B" and not within 200m of another deployed Sundy.

There is a few variety of Sunderers and while often neglected there is a bunch of ways to play one; not always passive.

Some popular varieties.

AMS - Mobile Spawn - Costs 50 certs and ties up your Utility Slot. Every squad should have people certed for this skill. Sunderers are expensive and often if one if killed quickly a replacement needs to be brought to the front.
*Mobile ammo or vehicle repair are great options for the defense slot on an AMS, also don't neglect kitted anti infantry guns.

Base Buster - Gate shield, Blockade armor, Racer package.
Doesn't always work, but 2 of these can deliver 24 people inside the force fields of bases. This is very effective with a high ratio of infiltrators to pop the gensets of Tech Plants/Amp Stations and allow the zerg in.

said by Moos:

You guys flying with joysticks or Mouse/keyboard?

Joystick was bugged to hell all Beta, but is fixed for the most part.
I'm using an Attack 3 with sensitivity way down.

--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius