spc
Search similar:

uniqs
hws_home
HWS
join:2003-07-31
Birmingham, AL

hws_home

[Services] Keeping bellsouth.net after terminating DSL?

Anyone know how to get this done?

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Do you mean keeping your email addresses?

I canceled my DSL back in June. When I called to do this I asked if my @bellsouth.net addresses could be kept. They said no problem, they don't do anything to eliminate them. All of mine still work.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to hws_home

Premium Member

to hws_home
If you are asking about keeping your old @bellsouth.net email accounts, there is nothing to do. Your old email accounts will remain operational automatically if your DSL account was terminated in good standing (no outstanding uncollected balance, and the service was not terminated by AT&T for TOS violations).

I terminated my AT&T DSL accounts in March, 2011, and all of my old @att.net and @bellsouth.net email accounts are still functioning with no problems (and I still have admin access to the primary accounts, and could create more new @att.net and @bellsouth.net email accounts should I wish to do so).
hws_home
HWS
join:2003-07-31
Birmingham, AL

hws_home

Thanks for the information.
Rebellious
join:2008-05-28

Rebellious to NetFixer

to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

If you are asking about keeping your old @bellsouth.net email accounts, there is nothing to do. Your old email accounts will remain operational automatically if your DSL account was terminated in good standing (no outstanding uncollected balance, and the service was not terminated by AT&T for TOS violations).

I terminated my AT&T DSL accounts in March, 2011, and all of my old @att.net and @bellsouth.net email accounts are still functioning with no problems (and I still have admin access to the primary accounts, and could create more new @att.net and @bellsouth.net email accounts should I wish to do so).

Where do you get admin access to att.net email accounts? Can you change password?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Rebellious:

Where do you get admin access to att.net email accounts? Can you change password?

First go here: »www.att.com/olam/dashboa ··· mexecute

Then login with your primary AT&T email account. The rest should be obvious from the menu selections that are present:

The only thing that might not be clear from the above images, is that you must login using the sub account credentials instead of the primary credentials if you want to change the password for a sub account.

You can also manage your AT&T/Yahoo! email accounts directly from Yahoo! by starting here: »mail.yahoo.com/

Rebellious
join:2008-05-28

Rebellious

At the first step it takes me to a dialog:

Set Personal Password
Set Your Personal Password
For security purpose, please create your own personalized account password. Choose a password that you will remember and that is uniquely yours.
New Password
The strength of your password is based on the number of characters in the password, the use of upper/lower case characters, and the randomness of the character sequence. The password 1234 would be considered a weak password since it is 4 consecutive numbers.
Confirm Password

... you've just logged in (or so you think) and it asks you to set password ???

... and then it just goes in circles

... login.yahoo.com/ takes you for a trip and brings you back to step 1 (above)

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Rebellious:

At the first step it takes me to a dialog:

Set Personal Password
Set Your Personal Password
For security purpose, please create your own personalized account password. Choose a password that you will remember and that is uniquely yours.
New Password
The strength of your password is based on the number of characters in the password, the use of upper/lower case characters, and the randomness of the character sequence. The password 1234 would be considered a weak password since it is 4 consecutive numbers.
Confirm Password

... you've just logged in (or so you think) and it asks you to set password ???

... and then it just goes in circles

... login.yahoo.com/ takes you for a trip and brings you back to step 1 (above)

I don't know what to tell you. All I can say is that I can manage my AT&T/Yahoo! email accounts (primary and sub accounts) from either the AT&T login page or from the AT&T/Yahoo! webmail site.

I am assuming that you can not get logged into the AT&T/Yahoo! webmail site at all? You did not mention that you could not access your account(s), only that you wanted to make changes to the account(s). If you don't know the current password(s), you can't use the methods I provided to change the password(s).

It sounds as if your AT&T account has just gotten totally screwed up (possibly from too many bad password guesses from you or from someone attempting to hack your account) and it will probably take manual intervention from an AT&T or Yahoo! CSR to fix it. If you are no longer an AT&T customer, that probably is not going to happen (and even if you find a CSR with the knowledge and willingness to help, you will still need to know the original security questions and answers to prove you are who you say your are).