spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Amaryllis

join:2012-11-22
Montreal, QC

ElectronicBox: Terrible billing, very bad customer services.

On October 24, 2012 a customer wrote on Internet "This is the worst billing service ever: they took the money and after many complaints for more than 20 days OF NO SERVICE...I have canceled.
Their response was that they will not return the money because it was after more than 3 days."
Almost at the same time, I have lived through the same situation.
They gulped down my monthly payment before I had any monthly service and stopped my internet service...just because my payment was deposited in a Montreal canadian bank 2 DAYS BEFORE THE FIRST OF THE MONTH.
I have also cancelled.
FOR ANY DELAY OF THE BANK, they will say that you are 100% at fault, threaten, charge a lot, cut internet services and ask for $85 to reinstall!
If you want to loose your money and time, this is your provider: Terrible billing, Very bad customer services.

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
If these are their billing rules, you have to abide by them. No delays, pay on time!

All over this forums customers are not doing their part and put all the blame of the providers.

Guys, grow-up! Take some responsibilities!

eboxnat

join:2011-05-06
Montreal, QC
kudos:6
reply to Amaryllis
Hello Amaryllis,

The majority of our clients use automated payments for their monthly bills, but those that choose to pay online are explained the details of our billing before hand to avoid such stress full issues.
If anyone is ever asked for an 85$ reconnection fee that is because a payment was delayed past the 7-9th of the month and not only was there a suspension of access but the cable account was in fact disconnected.

If you would like, I can gladly look into your account and check that everything was done correctly, please send your info Via PM.

Thanks!
--
Electronic Box Inc.
»ELECTRONICBOX
Natasha Contardi

understand

@videotron.ca
reply to Amaryllis
eh can you put that in easy to understand language?

Mind if I try to take a stab at what you said and what directly affects you?

said by Amaryllis:

1. They gulped down my monthly payment before I had any monthly service and

2. stopped my internet service...just because my payment was deposited in a Montreal canadian bank 2 DAYS BEFORE THE FIRST OF THE MONTH.

3. FOR ANY DELAY OF THE BANK, they will say that you are 100% at fault, threaten, charge a lot, cut internet services and ask for $85 to reinstall!

1. All of the resellers take you money before you ever get any service. It's an unwritten rule that when you do finally get service you should call them to make sure they don't bill you for the days you had no service.

I don't know of any reseller not doing this. It's rather crooked.

2. I assume they bill you on the first of the month? If you money was there but for some reason locked and they couldn't get the money, that is indeed your fault.

If you know a bank puts a hold on money/cheque (which some banks do) and this hold surpasses your payment due date, that is no ones fault except yours. You should be aware of the banks "hold" policy. and adjust payment date (or method of payment).

At the very least you could call and inform Ebox to state the money is there but on hold. Soe companies understand (some don't).

Or did I misunderstand your point #2? If I did then try to rewrite it so we can understand it.

3. This is correct. See #2. This is true for every company you will use in your life. Get used to it. I am guessing you are very young and have not experienced life yet.

I would suggest you speak with them to arrange an extra day every month since your money is on hold, or speak to the bank about a line of credit.

Or if you have no credit for whatever reason life tossed at you, then maybe pay by money order or find a service that will allow you to pay only when you have non-withheld money (good luck with that).

Do you seriously think this is their fault?

Bell will run a credit for you (let you miss a payment due date) and then charge you interest. Move to them? But this may affect your credit rating in the end.

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada
sound correct and if so, the OP does not understand how things work...
Expand your moderator at work

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to eboxnat

Re: ElectronicBox: Terrible billing, very bad customer services.

Technically he's right and Electronic Box is wrong. If he wrote all post dated cheques for the first of the month like rent payments then your company would be laughed out of the court house.

XoX

Qc, Canada
said by ChuckcZar :

Technically he's right and Electronic Box is wrong. If he wrote all post dated cheques for the first of the month like rent payments then your company would be laughed out of the court house.

Come again? You missed something. He say the money was deposited at the bank 2 days before the end of the month. That mean Ebox probably did not have access to the money for the first of the month when the bills was due...

That also mean that if it was a check and Ebox tried to cashed on the first and it bounced because not enough fund where available it's still the emitter fault not Ebox.

When your account is due for a particular day like the 1st of the month it does not matter how the company get their money but the money should be received by them a that date. You can not chose arbitrarily your due date.

That also mean that if you pay by check when a company try to cash it by the date you wrote on it the money has to be there. You can not send them a check marked for say the 3 of the month if your account is due for the 1st unless they approved first. The same thing also mean that if you wrote on the check the 1st and they try to cashed it and it bounce it's your fault unless you asked them to wait and they say it was ok.

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
reply to Amaryllis
Reach out directly to Discace... he's the head honcho over at ebox and, from my own personal experience, all 'round straight shooter.

eboxnat

join:2011-05-06
Montreal, QC
kudos:6
reply to Amaryllis
Hi Guys!

So, I do want to clarify a few things.

In the case of a suspension it is normally not applied to an account until the 3rd-5th day of the month when payment is not received or a payment arrangement is not made.

By this point, we have sent 3 email notices to a client, each detailing that the payment is due before the 1st and that a suspension of access and potentially a late payment fee may apply.

The actual disconnection of any account (for non payment) only takes place between the 7th and 10th, at which point there is a reconnection fee for the Dry Loop or the cable internet connection and in total, 4 or 5 attempts to reach the client.

We do also offer preauth. payments, either using a credit card or a bank account, many of our clients prefer not needing to worry about getting to the bank before the 25(ish)th.

I am still waiting on OP's info, I would love to see what the specifics are

-Natasha
--
Electronic Box Inc.
»ELECTRONICBOX
Natasha Contardi

XoX

Qc, Canada
said by eboxnat:

Hi Guys!

So, I do want to clarify a few things.

In the case of a suspension it is normally not applied to an account until the 3rd-5th day of the month when payment is not received or a payment arrangement is not made.

By this point, we have sent 3 email notices to a client, each detailing that the payment is due before the 1st and that a suspension of access and potentially a late payment fee may apply.

The actual disconnection of any account (for non payment) only takes place between the 7th and 10th, at which point there is a reconnection fee for the Dry Loop or the cable internet connection and in total, 4 or 5 attempts to reach the client.

We do also offer preauth. payments, either using a credit card or a bank account, many of our clients prefer not needing to worry about getting to the bank before the 25(ish)th.

I am still waiting on OP's info, I would love to see what the specifics are

-Natasha

Do not worry Natacha. I do not think any normal person would think that Ebox disconnect a user after being late only a few days and without sending any notice to that user.