uniqs
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

1 recommendation

19579823 (banned) to jaykaykay

to jaykaykay

quote:
The more I hear about Facebook, the happier I am that I've never had an account.
I hear ya bud!!!!

Today someone sent me an email saying HAPPY THANKSGIVING and some of the email addresses they had CCed in were on FACEBOOK!! (sheeple@facebook.com for example) and someone replied to HIS EMAIL resulting in everyone in that CCed list getting an email!!!!

I DONT LIKE THAT AT ALL.........I DONT WANT MY EMAIL ADDRESS BEING EMAILED FROM ANY1 ON FACEBOOK!! (Do not want it associated with anyone from there)

Steve
I know your IP address

join:2001-03-10
Tustin, CA

1 recommendation

Steve

said by 19579823:

Today someone sent me an email saying HAPPY THANKSGIVING and some of the email addresses they had CCed in were on FACEBOOK!! (sheeple@facebook.com for example) and someone replied to HIS EMAIL resulting in everyone in that CCed list getting an email!!!!

The problem is not with Facebook, but that you have friends who don't know how to use email.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

2 recommendations

Mele20

Premium Member

said by Steve:

said by 19579823:

The problem is not with Facebook, but that you have friends who don't know how to use email.

But that is 98% of all users since most are sheeple and refuse to learn anything...even how to properly protect others privacy when sending email. I had to stop communicating by email with most friends/family because they refuse to learn how to use blind CC. Surely you recall jaykaykay See Profile eloquent posts on this issue in past years as jaykaykay struggled to get friends to use blind CC).

Steve
I know your IP address

join:2001-03-10
Tustin, CA

3 recommendations

Steve

Yep. The problem above is that the Dude has mischaracterized the threat (claiming it's a Facebook issue), which makes him less safe because he's not addressing the real issue.
armed
join:2000-10-20

2 recommendations

armed

said by Steve:

Yep. The problem above is that the Dude has mischaracterized the threat (claiming it's a Facebook issue), which makes him less safe because he's not addressing the real issue.

Sometimes I think a more appropriate name for this particular forum is "Security Misinformation". Between the paranoids and the ax grinders there is a lot of crap on here.

I use to come for the learning experience. Now I come for the entertainment.

goalieskates
Premium Member
join:2004-09-12
land of big

goalieskates to Steve

Premium Member

to Steve
said by Steve:

And yet if I'm a betting person, those people who don't know how to use email definitely use Facebook. That's exactly who it's designed for, after all. Heh.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS to 19579823

MVM

to 19579823
Somebody used "Cc:" instead of "Bcc:"? And if it were a Google Mail user, or a Yahoo! Mail user, you'd be okay with that? Doesn't appear to me to be a Facebook issue. Tell your stupid correspondents to either use the "Bcc:" function, or don't bother sending it.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

1 edit

1 recommendation

Blogger to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

I had to stop communicating by email with most friends/family because they refuse to learn how to use blind CC. Surely you recall jaykaykay See Profile eloquent posts on this issue in past years as jaykaykay struggled to get friends to use blind CC).

I to have just given up on various friends regarding the use of the BCC instead of the CC or forwarding a CC email they got. The strange thing over time I see no correlation between the person's intelligence and responsibility level with regards to whether or not they master the use of or ever understand BCC. Weird.

ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

1 edit

ashrc4 to armed

Premium Member

to armed
said by armed:

said by Steve:

Sometimes I think a more appropriate name for this particular forum is "Security Misinformation". Between the paranoids and the ax grinders there is a lot of crap on here.

"mischaracterized" and "sometimes".....perhaps you want to post exactly what you perceive.

"Paranoids and axe grinders". I find when people boil what occurs here down to such statements the false perceptions tend to override any real purpose of debate for some.