All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

not
@comcast.net

not to Kearnstd

Anon

to Kearnstd

Re: FCC to Comcast: carry Tennis Channel, and pay up!

said by Kearnstd:

TC should be in the sports package. Why should my family have to pay for Tennis Channel when nobody is a tennis fan?

The only reason ESPN is not in the sports package of every MSO/DBS carrier is that the contracts with Disney prevent it.

Why should I have Golf channels in my lineup that I don't want or want to pay for. I'm not a fan of golf and think that Tennis Channel should be the one included for me as opposed to the golf channels I get now.

See, I can play your game too. The only reason why Comcast doesn't want to include TC in the normal lineup is because they can force their subscribers to pay more for it. Hey, I'd pay more for it if I wasn't forced to get 3 more golf channels with it. That's the problem with cable providers. For every channels you do want, they bundle in 2-3 others you don't want and don't want to pay more for. I'd pay 1/3 the price they want now for the package that has TC in it if I could just get TC and ONLY TC. I can't, I asked... so, until Comcast and the other greedy cable providers change their shady business practices, I'll back the FCC and keep filing my complaints!

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

All sports should be in the Sports Package. Football, basketball, baseball, hockey, tennis, golf any thing sports belons in the sport pak. To watch college foot ball I have to pay for tennis golf soccer basketball which I do not watch.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to not

to not
The FCC has their hands tied by congress. You need to start writing your congress people to let them know you are tired of the rate hikes and want providers regulated.

not
@comcast.net

not to Caddyroger

Anon

to Caddyroger
said by Caddyroger:

All sports should be in the Sports Package. Football, basketball, baseball, hockey, tennis, golf any thing sports belons in the sport pak. To watch college foot ball I have to pay for tennis golf soccer basketball which I do not watch.

You just contradicted yourself. You say all sports should be packaged together and then you complain that you just want to watch college football by itself without all the other stuff you don't like.

The sports channels should be a-la-carte. You pay like $1.99 or $2.99 per channels unless you're wanting more than 5 and then you can buy them in a package deal where you still pick your channels you want, but pay a discounted price since it's in a package. Problem is, cable providers are too cheap to do it this way and they also don't have the proper backend control systems to offer such channel lineups to each customer individually.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by not :

said by Caddyroger:

You just contradicted yourself. You say all sports should be packaged together and then you complain that you just want to watch college football by itself without all the other stuff you don't like.

The sports channels should be a-la-carte. You pay like $1.99 or $2.99 per channels unless you're wanting more than 5 and then you can buy them in a package deal where you still pick your channels you want, but pay a discounted price since it's in a package. Problem is, cable providers are too cheap to do it this way and they also don't have the proper backend control systems to offer such channel lineups to each customer individually.

I did not contradicted myself I said that all sports should be in the sports pack. I do not like to watch tennis, soccer, golf. As for the costs I probably be paying more a-la-carte then what I am paying now for the sports.

not
@comcast.net

not

Anon

said by Caddyroger:

said by not :

said by Caddyroger:

I did not contradicted myself I said that all sports should be in the sports pack. I do not like to watch tennis, soccer, golf. As for the costs I probably be paying more a-la-carte then what I am paying now for the sports.

Uh, ya you did. You said you don't want to watch ANYTHING BUT COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Well, if EVERYTHING is in the sports package, you'll be paying a single "high" price for all the channels in that sports package, which will include the ones you don't want. At least this is what I got from your original post.