Smile
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON

Devanchya to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

Re: Hard Drive Deals

It's going up and down, but I was able to grab 2 more from there.
What am I doing?

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Things seem to be better now.

Snagged two from Direct Canada. I'm done for the evening.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to Devanchya

Premium Member

to Devanchya
I just price matched a 3TB with Memory Express brought it down a bit. $82.48 plus shipping of 4.99 plus taxes comes to $94.85 if they can price match hard to get into ncix site. I use the link DKS which gets me right in quick.

Can someone answer the above intel question the 330 is still avail for $139 and the 335 for $156, wondering if the diff in cost is worth it. (both 240gbs).

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by Anav:

Can someone answer the above intel question the 330 is still avail for $139 and the 335 for $156, wondering if the diff in cost is worth it. (both 240gbs).

said by »www.storagereview.com/in ··· s_review :
The Intel SSD 335 Series is a progressive update of the SSD 330, which was released in April of this year. Aside from minor software changes, the only major iterative difference with the SSD 335 is the NAND. Where the SSD 330 used 25nm MLC NAND, the SSD 335 takes advantage of a die shrink, thus using Intel's 20nm MLC NAND. All other hardware components remain the same, including the SandForce SF-2281 controller and SATA 6Gb/s interface.
If it comes down to price, get whatever is cheaper.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Thanks gone, Im now thinking of using the hard drives currently in the mac book pros in the optical drive slot and putting the intel 330 ssd where the hard drive is in now. Is that the right approach (vice placing the intell 330 in the optical drive slot). BIt more work but probably better results?