spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MJH22
@verizon.net

MJH22

Anon

Router drops packets to one pc.

I've got a Foxconn NTA350 barebones PC I am using on the network as a media center. I am able to send and stream files across the LAN just fine but any time I try to access a website it either doesn't load at all or loads 10 percent and then times out. I tried it on a friends network and it worked perfectly so it's not the box and I tried a bootable linux iso and had the same issue so I can safely say it's a router issue. I've tried everything from manually assigning an IP to changing the cables. I don't understand why my desktop with the same setup works fine and why LAN transfers do as well?!? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the only way for me to currently get internet access on this PC at the moment is to use Internet Connection Sharing on my desktop and plug it in there. I'm also able to ping the box fine from other PCs just not the router.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

What's an extended ping from the Foxconn NTA350 to say its default gateway come back with? Any packet drop / loss?

You never did mention what any of your networking gear or ISP speeds was.

Also, just for chuckles, if you think it's the router you're using now, did you take that AND the Foxconn to your friend's
network and try it there? Just saying.

Regards

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to MJH22

MVM

to MJH22
Check for firmware upgrades to the Foxconn as well as driver updates for the PC itself.

clarknova
join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova to MJH22

to MJH22
Could be a speed/duplex mismatch. Did you check that the router and pc are both set to auto? Are they both setting up as 100 FD?

Could also be an MTU problem. Try dropping the MTU on router and pc, or put a decent nic in the pc.