dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to Tx

to Tx

Re: Teksavvy - What the hell has happened to you guys?

said by Tx:

said by kovy7:

said by Tx:

But we're not talking about Bell. That's comparing apples and oranges, and you know it. how many million customers vs teksavvy's....... #?

Review the history. 5 years ago, a negative teksavvy review was rare. As they grow, so does the complaints, so you cannot keep comparing a transport to a smart car, two different entities.

Teksavvy used to have a 96% rating before i signed up with DSLR i believe it was, near perfect. Years later we're reaching the mid 80's.

Your point about making a post about good service then you argue rating. 86% rating as you said is what speaks for itself is it not? SO really people do post, just not discussion type posts. What is there to discuss?

Happy customer: My install went great, thanks TSI!
TSI: Glad to hear, let us know if you have any questions
community: Uh.....great!

EOS.

People buy the new 80" Sharp LCD for i forget how much now and it works... what are they going to do? Come on forums and praise sharp? No, their just happy it works because they paid for it.

If they paid for it and it doesn't work... anger takes over and it's now a battle to inform other consumers about their experience, thus reviews/topics to discuss.

So we really cannot compare Bell's rating of whom have been in business for how long? With Teksavvy, you have to honestly admit, that is not a fair comparison because even if Teksavvy had the same rating, it's still not a fair comparison, they are still worlds apart.

Why can't we compare with Bell... it's like people believe this sort of stuff doesn't happen to Bell customer... well it does. If incumbents have their own problem with their own customer, what the heck do you think it's going to happen to Teksavvy and others?

Also, I named Acanac.

Is there anyone else that has a higher rating then Teksavvy ?

So their rating dropped, it's still respectable... is it not?

Things could be better... but heck, things could always be better.

Also, it's discussion post that gets attention... anyone knows this.

I absolutely guarantee you, it's a rarity with for example a bell customer. You seem fixated on a fictional rating system. As far as i'm concerned, and i say this very seriously. DSLR != represent Teksavvy as a business.

Let's also not forget, even if Bell didn't show and a customer complaints... look first month of service is free. Things they can do to make a customer happy. Something Teksavvy has to brainstorm on how to do themselves without going broke. I say broke loosely because there aren't THAT many messed up installs to bankrupt them.

While I'm fixated on ratings... you're fixated on complaining post. It's only normal to have more complaining post when your numbers of customer grows. Either it stays proportional and you here more about it (also add the cable side which Tek didn't have 5 years ago) or things are going to fast for Tek to handle but are still able to keep a good portion of customer happy.

Bell can maybe make deals for the customers, but at one point he will not be happy without service... There's multiple reason why not everyone is with Bell.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

2 edits

TSI Marc

Premium Member

I think our rating went down because for about a year, mid way through last year up to mid way through this year we were just less good. Many reasons for it.. Not trying to rehash that.

Today though, we are certainly pulling all the stops and pushing all the buttons to own every single experience. We have wait time issues that are still impacting things that we have a plan to solve soon. And there are new realities that just were not there 5 years ago... Just think of all the upgrades the incumbents are doing and how much that has caused all sorts of problems. Even Bell Technical solutions.. They've hired thousands of new staff.. Those are the ones doing installs and repairs now.. All this change impacts us in ways that were not there before.

I don't see our size as the primary factor in all of this. We did have to deal with a number of issues but as soon as our attention was again turned to the customer experience, you can almost instantly see where the issues are coming from. We're not perfect.. We have to work out some kinks still but none of those kinks will make a field tech show up on time... Or prevent a PIE...
kovy7

kovy7

said by TSI Marc:

I think our rating went down because for about a year, mid way through last year up to mid way through this year we were just less good. Many reasons for it.. Not trying to rehash that.

Today though, we are certainly pulling all the stops and pushing all the buttons to own every single experience. We have wait time issues that are still impacting things that we have a plan to solve soon. And there are new realities that just were not there 5 years ago... Just think of all the upgrades the incumbents are doing and how much that has caused all sorts of problems. Even Bell Technical solutions.. They've hired thousands of new staff.. Those are the ones doing installs and repairs now.. All this change impacts us in ways that were not there before.

I don't see our size as the primary factor in all of this. We did have to deal with a number of issues but as soon as our attention was again turned to the customer experience, you can almost instantly see where the issues are coming from. We're not perfect.. We have to work out some kinks still but none of those kinks will make a field tech show up on time... Or prevent a PIE...

I agree, it does impact. Adding cable to the mix was also a new thing.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

yep. Cable had everything to do with everything in the last year and a half. Double edged sword. Read my evolution of access blog pretty much.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to kovy7

Premium Member

to kovy7
said by kovy7:

While I'm fixated on ratings... you're fixated on complaining post. It's only normal to have more complaining post when your numbers of customer grows.

I think you just answered your own question as you bring up the rating system on DSLR when you asked everyone to check Bells rating compared to Teksavvy.

There are far more happy customers with bell vs unhappy unfortunately, that's why they're still successful (i hate it, but what can i do about it?) I do not think reimbursing customers is the answer, i think fighting bell through the CRTC for better regulations is the answer. Getting an SLA would be a great step in the right direction.
kovy7

kovy7

said by Tx:

said by kovy7:

While I'm fixated on ratings... you're fixated on complaining post. It's only normal to have more complaining post when your numbers of customer grows.

I think you just answered your own question as you bring up the rating system on DSLR when you asked everyone to check Bells rating compared to Teksavvy.

There are far more happy customers with bell vs unhappy unfortunately, that's why they're still successful (i hate it, but what can i do about it?) I do not think reimbursing customers is the answer, i think fighting bell through the CRTC for better regulations is the answer. Getting an SLA would be a great step in the right direction.

Bell is almost nation wide... also offers all 4 service... People in general don't really trust wholesales, some may have never heard of them because there's no add or are kind of new.

xbell
@cgocable.net

xbell to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Even Bell Technical solutions.. They've hired thousands of new staff.. Those are the ones doing installs and repairs now..

Someone at BCE is feeding you a line of BS. Bell Technical Solutions (BTS) has not hired thousands of new techs. Maybe a few hundred net if that over the last 5 years. They do have such a high turnover that they can spin the statistics that way. The real reason for the no-shows is the competency of their techs and the managerial structure of BTS.

Read this screwed up labour law case on how things are run over there. »www.canlii.org/eliisa/hi ··· 468.html

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Tx for that link. Didn't know if it was mass hires or what.. but you're highlighting my point though that competency is an issue which is what I was referring to...
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to xbell

Premium Member

to xbell
Wow, just skimmed that link. Unreal.

xbell
@cgocable.net

xbell

Anon

said by TSI Marc:

Wow, just skimmed that link. Unreal.

It's quite amusing to read....that is unless you rely on them to provision your customers circuits. Remember these guys are the face of your company to some extent.

anonymousss
@start.ca

anonymousss to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
Thats why some of us place a high value on anonymity in the digital age.