uniqs

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

[Rant] Radio Shack and online shopping PO box hassle

I was looking through Radio Shack for black Friday cell phone deals since i have an upgrade available. I pick out the phone (online) and choose the upgrade option. Next i choose the line i want to update ok. Then it goes to a credit card / billing info screen. Before i start filling anything out i look it over. First thing i see under Credit Card billing address "Billing Address can NOT be a P.O. box". Well you stupid dummies my billing address on the CC has ALWAYS been my PO box. How Stupid. Keep in mind this is the BILLING address . I have had song and dances from other vendors that wont SHIP to a PO box but never had trouble with the CC BILLING address . Radio Shack take your phone and stick it . What is their problem with what i choose to use for a billing address they will get paid. Then later will complain sales are lower then expected or something like that yet they push business out the door like this.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 edit

Johkal

MVM

So, Radio Shack doesn't have separate Billing & Shipping address options? Curious. I personally have not seen a merchant reject a billing address that is a PO.

Edit: Pardon a simple question: Are you selecting "Ship to a different address"?

norbert26
Premium Member
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

said by Johkal:

So, Radio Shack doesn't have separate Billing & Shipping address options? Curious. I personally have not seen a merchant reject a billing address that is a PO.

Edit: Pardon a simple question: Are you selecting "Ship to a different address"?

It said right in the billing address field BILLING address can NOT be a PO box . I never got to the SHIPPING address part . If i had got to that part i would have shipped to the house.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

There may be limitations based on what you are purchasing. I put a PS3 in the cart, went to billing & shipping options where it had no issues with me using a PO for my billing.

SqueeksDad
I Miss Her
Premium Member
join:2002-09-14
Hyattsville, MD

SqueeksDad to norbert26

Premium Member

to norbert26
I just upgraded my phone using amazonwireless.com over $100 less than what my provider wanted for the same phone!

norbert26
Premium Member
Warwick, RI

norbert26 to Johkal

Premium Member

to Johkal
said by Johkal:

There may be limitations based on what you are purchasing. I put a PS3 in the cart, went to billing & shipping options where it had no issues with me using a PO for my billing.

it looks like RS should pay YOU a commission for saving a sale. However this rant will stand for POOR website design. It did say in the billing address field billing address can NOT be a PO box. OK so i put the house addy there instead. Then i scrolled down . At this point the house is the same as shipping address. so i check its the same as billing. (keep in mind now the billing address will NOT match the CC address as it stands. ) Scroll down some more and LO AND BEHOLD. Another section to check if CREDIT CARD address is DIFFERENT then billing address ! I would have thought BILLING and CREDIT CARD address are one of the same. On every other website billing means the address on file for your CC. In that section the PO box went in fine and the order went through so i got my black friday deal.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

I do agree that their website is not user friendly is those respects. I don't buy from them any more. They never seem to have any "best" deals for my interest.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

I personally avoid rat shack when possible. Their prices usually suck and they try and get my cell phone number ever time I'm in there even when what I was getting has nothing to do with cell phones. They keep asking and finally quit when I threaten to cancel the order.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to norbert26

Premium Member

to norbert26
I'm with you on that one. I've ordered many of things online and there have usually been a separate billing address and shipping address. Like you, I use my PO box for billing (and for receiving mail) address and for shipments. If said establishment doesn't ship to a PO box then I use my street address. BTW, I've never ordered from Radio Shack online.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

2 edits

Blogger to norbert26

Premium Member

to norbert26
That is actually an amazing story. We all hear of all sorts of glitches and problems involving web site purchases or ordering but that RS had their ordering site set up that way is unbelievable.

AzDragonLord
join:2003-10-21
Florence, AZ

AzDragonLord to norbert26

to norbert26
I never know if packages will end up at the post office or my door step, so when I order online I put my street address along with "(box 22xx)" beside it. If you leave off the "PO" portion of the address it fools the automated system so it doesn't reject the address.