New York
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
reply to Straphanger

Re: Downgrade Driver's License Class

I have a commercial B license. Those bastards just asked $180 to renew it for eight years. And I've yet to drive a single hour for a living!!

Very likely downgrading on following renewal. Doesn't look like I will be driving for a living anytime soon.

Maggs
Premium
join:2002-11-29
Woodside, NY
If you do, we do need some CDL-Bs at my office. I work in Human Resources.
--
Yes, ladies I am single.

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to Network Guy
said by Network Guy:

I have a commercial B license. Those bastards just asked $180 to renew it for eight years. And I've yet to drive a single hour for a living!!

Very likely downgrading on following renewal. Doesn't look like I will be driving for a living anytime soon.

Yeah but that still only comes out to $22.50 per year....the approximate cost of a large garbage pizza pie at a good joint.

In this economy you never know what will happen within the next eight years...or even the next two years so I would hang on to that commercial B license for a measly $22.50 a year...think of it as very inexpensive yearly job insurance in the event you lost your job at least you could get a good paying driving job real quick....good and safe drivers will always be in demand.

Dodge
Premium
join:2002-11-27
said by sailor:

said by Network Guy:

Yeah but that still only comes out to $22.50 per year....the approximate cost of a large garbage pizza pie at a good joint.

In this economy you never know what will happen within the next eight years...or even the next two years so I would hang on to that commercial B license for a measly $22.50 a year...think of it as very inexpensive yearly job insurance in the event you lost your job at least you could get a good paying driving job real quick....good and safe drivers will always be in demand.

Unless the rules have changed commercial driver licenses carry a much heftier penalty (financial and points) for traffic violations no matter what you are driving at the time.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
said by Dodge:

Unless the rules have changed commercial driver licenses carry a much heftier penalty (financial and points) for traffic violations no matter what you are driving at the time.

Don't know where you got this info from, but the points/fines cost the same for a CDL B than it does for a regular D.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US

1 edit
reply to sailor
said by sailor:

That's the only reason I've held on to it. At the time that I started working towards getting it, I was going through economic turmoil myself. But I don't remember it costing so much to get it!

I do have nice-to-have endorsements on mine; air brake, passenger, tank vehicle, school bus and tow truck.