spc
uniqs
batsona
Maryland
join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD

batsona to plencnerb

to plencnerb

Re: [WIN7] 0x80070035 - Network Path Not Found...

Darn... I thought that had promise.. I made the switch & it made no difference. I even turned 'HomeGroup' services back on & did nothing. Also saw an advanced setting where you can allow HomeGroup to manage credentials, or allow people to supply their own credentials when making remote drive connections. Tried both on/off, and no difference...

When it says 'path not found', it's referring to the UNC path I'm guessing..? I"m using

\\10.10.10.10\driveshare

where 'driveshare' is the name of my shared drive, on machine 10.10.10.10 Does it want an FQDN?

Why oh why couldn't beloved winXP hang around for just a bit longer???

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

I would guess that "Path Not Found" is talking about the full path, including the IP or FQDN, and the share.

By chance did something change with the share(s) on the remote server? I'm guessing you already checked that, but it would be something I would check.

Can you map the default shares, like C$, D$, etc?

--Brian
batsona
Maryland
join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD

batsona

OP here: my work laptop can map to this share just fine, but nothing else in my house can. Another related symptom.. When I bring up explorer, it 'looks for' other machines on my network, and finds 3 that are running 'homeshare'. When I click on the plus sign to expand either of them, /instantly/, the same message comes up, about path not found.