spc
Search similar:

uniqs
madmax4
join:2008-10-25
York, ON

madmax4

[Internet] Bell Fibe and Sagecom Connection Hub

Everytime I add polycom phone to network or any other device i cannot access the sagecom router at 192.168.2.1, This makes it impossible to open ports etc to get the phone talking to the voip provider. Customer service no help. Just upgraded from 16meg DSL Service. Any Ideas?

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada

Glen1

MVM

If your devices worked previously with the 2wire modem and no changes were made I would suggest you have a defective modem. The only situation that would cause that is if you have a "hard coded" device that is causing an IP conflict with the Sagemcom...other than that it is defective.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

how are you connecting the paulycom to your connection hub? does it have a fixed ip or is it dynamic dhcp?
madmax4
York, ON

madmax4

Changed the router and same problem. Tried Port forwarding 5061 -5065
opening up DMZ etc. Getting DHCP failed network down messages. I plug this phone in anywhere else and it works fine. I really do not want to cancel my bell service but given the attitude and lack of support and the nice email asking me to subscribe to there desktop support for $6.00 a month. I think I will spend my $240.00 a month with someone else,hate to do it given the limited choices we enjoy in our Country. Maybe I will go back to my first provider from 1993 Pathcom.
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k to madmax4

to madmax4
your not by chance plugging your voip ata into the red wan port on the back of the sagemcom are you?
madmax4
York, ON

madmax4

No ATA phone connects directly to lan port
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

1 edit

urbang33k to madmax4

to madmax4
well thats odd.

sounds like it could be an address conflict??

on your old setup, were you using your own router?

edit: I'll add that I use a voip ethernet ata on my sagemcom and it works just fine.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

first thing first, do NOT use the red WAN/ETH port on the CONNECTION HUB, its not to be used, secondly, it sounds like you have an IP ADDRESS CONFLICT and was blaming your provider ALL THIS TIME. I would try to get to the bottom of the issue before blaming the provider, that way I dont look dumb when it turns out to be my issue all along. hope this helps
madmax4
York, ON

madmax4

Which Provider Bell or Voip? anyway did some research using this intrepid forum and Toro suggested using another router so I put the Sagecom in Bridge mode and used my apple router using PPOE and NAT open. Phone now works fine Polycom 335 using Comwave