What Linux Users Need To Know When Holiday Shopping For PC Hardware

rexbinary
MOD King
Premium Member
join:2005-01-26
Plano, TX

rexbinary

Premium Member

Nvidia and ASUS. Sound advice in my opinion.
GraysonPeddi
Grayson Peddie
join:2010-06-28
Tallahassee, FL
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter PoE
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC

GraysonPeddi to FF4m3

to FF4m3
I went with Gigabyte motherboard and AMD APU A10-5700K with the use of fglrx. It worked very well compared to open source radeon driver, as it had problems with DPI scaling for my 47LM7600 50" HDTV.

If you are thinking of buying a game controller for playing a variety of games and even play Nintendo 64-based games such as Zelda: Ocarina of Time, including Sega Genesis, avoid Xbox 360 Pad EX 2 with Turbo unless you compile a user-space xboxdrv program, which in this case you simply add this line of code to src/xpad_devices.cpp like so:

{ GAMEPAD_XBOX360,          0x24c6, 0x5500, "Hori XBOX 360 EX 2 with Turbo" }

Put it inside XPadDevice xpad_devices[] = { ... } above } and be sure you include a comma above the code that you put in.

Then in Ubuntu (in my case, it's Kubuntu), do:

sudo apt-get build-dep xboxdrv
apt-get install scons build-essential

execute scons</code and if all oes well, you can then execute <code>xboxdrv --dbus disabled as root.

I will start my own thread for those who are interested in getting their own game controller to work. Usually, XBOX 360 controllers should work but I was about to send it back until I found out how to get my game controller to work, except for two extra buttons which function as two trigger buttons which is not what I want. It's nice having 6 action buttons instead of 4 for extra flexibility.