uniqs

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Vanier Cup

What a brilliant first half. MacMaster and Laval. Last year's game was such a classic, I'm expecting this rematch to turn out the same way.

Go Marauders!

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

Mac's got to turn it around fast if they want a shot. The Laval special teams are killing them.
Styvas

Styvas to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
Well, three majors needed to win. It's Laval's now.
Styvas

Styvas to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
Picked off. That's it. Good on Laval. They've earned this one. Best two out of three in 2013? Too many graduates to make that realistic for Mac? I know Chris Pezetta will be back. That helps.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

That Maxime Boutin is one hell of a player. I look forward to seeing him in the CFL someday.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to shaner

to shaner
Watched the game for the first time in years because I had recently toured McMaster for work purposes and saw how much the team meant to the school while I was there, so it got my curiosity piqued.

First half was compelling with both sides going in guns blazing, second half and the McMaster offensive line seemed unable to stop anything that Laval was doing to get to their QB (who looks like he could definitely make a CFL squad some day)

If the Grey Cup can only provide half as much entertaining football as the first half of the Vanier Cup did last night, Sunday's game will be a barn burner.

NefCanuck

btB
@rr.com

btB to shaner

Anon

to shaner
Game just shows that is not always about having the best quarterback. Just by controlling the line of scrimmage on both ends & being able to change field position on special teams can take you a long way. Basically, it was a physical mismatch in the 2nd half.